PDA

View Full Version : Spells not quite working ?

dhayward
01-13-2003, 04:55 PM
I have tried to duplicate my characters from EQ live to my server so that I can continue to build the same toons, I have noticed that my only caster "a Mage" has seriuos problems with spell casting. when I try to cast a pet it completes the cast but never creates the pet and the spell bar goes grey and cannot be used, also I lose access to all my hot keys and cannot lift items from inventory. This has made spell casters unusable for me, am I alone in this problem ? maybe its just me .

I am using the latest vesion of the emulator and everything seems to work fine, or as well as I would expect.

kathgar
01-14-2003, 08:44 AM
The problem is the client does not think you are finished casting the spell, if you tell us which version you are using.. which spells_end.txt and such I can track it down

DeletedUser
01-14-2003, 09:10 AM
a way to fix it so you don't have to log is to use the #castspell command after your frozen.

I sometimes have problems with using certain spells, or an item that had an error when summoning (i believe that was fixed awhile ago) all i had to do was #castspell 1212 (or any spell, but this was GM Speed) and it unfroze me.

Lurker_005
01-14-2003, 02:05 PM
I mentioned it in the bugs thread, but using the 4.1 release and spells_en.txt last patched 1-5-03 clicking on a manastone faster than once a second will reproduce this for me. Seems to mostly be how fast you try to recast that triggers it.