PDA

View Full Version : 2H piercing bug fixes

Kaiyodo
02-18-2002, 10:37 AM
I've been playing around in client_process.cpp and attack.cpp writing some double attack/dual wield code and found a couple of bugs that are stopping 2 handed piercing working in 0.2.3.

In attack.cpp in Client::Attack()

// 2h Piercing
if (item->common.skill == 0x35)

This should be decimal 35 I think, not hex. 0x35 according to skills.h is tracking!

Second bug, in client_process.cpp in Client::SetAttackTimer() there's a line that looks like this ..

if(item->common.skill > 4)
attack_timer->Disable();

As 2HP is skill 35 it never gets past this so you never attack, I changed it to ..

if(item->common.skill > 4 && item->common.skill != 35)
attack_timer->Disable();

.. and this let my ogre play with some very large lances :)

K.

Nada
02-19-2002, 01:47 AM
Have you tried to get dual wield to work? I think that would be great if we could get that into the emulator.

Kaiyodo
02-19-2002, 05:53 AM
I've had duel wield and double attack working for a while in my modified version, just a matter of adding another attack timer. It's not very refined though, I don't think it even takes your skill into account!

I just stuffed in some formulas from Monkly business for the damage calculations and percentage chance of DA/DW and it works pretty well, specially when you add 100% haste and monk epic fists :)

I might go and tidy the stuff up at the weekend and post the changes somwhere. I'm not affiliated with the dev team at all though, and I know Image is doing his own combat system (which is bound to be much better than my hacks :) so I doubt anything of mine will end up in the official Emu.

K.

Nada
02-19-2002, 10:50 AM
You should keep working on it, Im sure the dev team would look at it and possibly add it to the emu, since neither dual wield or double attack are in.

Pyrotek
02-20-2002, 12:56 AM
Many people not directly affiliated have contributed. Certainly post your work and it will be included in some form.