PDA

View Full Version : kaiyodo!

DeletedUser
01-23-2003, 02:09 PM
I was wondering kaiyodo,
If you could make a feature for the magelo thing to get the bags+the items in the bags too.

and if possible, instead of just saving, but loading characters in there into a magelo page.

Kaiyodo
01-24-2003, 11:12 AM
The bags shouldn't be too hard. It's been on my list of things to do for a while, I just haven't got around to it yet.

I don't fancy trying to upload EQEmu characters to magelo, if that's what you mean. Why would you want to do that? :)

K.

DeletedUser
01-24-2003, 11:16 AM
not to magelo itself, but just the magelo html look.

I dunno why, partly because I want to see how it works (w/ source). I'm not some leet scam ebay seller h4x0r dude.. thing :D

Kaiyodo
01-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Ah, I see what you mean now. The amount of jscript and html that goes into those magelo pages is scary if you ever looked at one. I don't think my knowledge of html and jscript is quite upto creating a page like magelo does.

I'd also run into the problems of having to find the item icons from somewhere and search the emu item database for the item stats and stuff. I think the bags idea was better :D

K.

Lurker_005
01-24-2003, 01:21 PM
There were some php projects already started to display characters in a megelo type web page. Perhaps someone will dig those up and start working on them again.

DeletedUser
01-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Lurker_005: Hogie had one going for awhile, I think khuong did some work on it for a bit too, I asked for the source but I think he forgot. :roll:

Piska
01-24-2003, 04:36 PM
oo I have an idea I have not tried this yet but why not use magelo's program run it in the background and it will save the items to magelo.

http://www.magelo.com/res/eq/misc/magelo_update_1_3_3.zip

DeletedUser
01-25-2003, 03:22 AM
because I don't want a magelo website, I just want the code to see how its done. :D

There was one that was almost better then magelo, needed some work that did the same exact thing as that program, but it was for EQEMu, but it got out of date and hogie didn't have the time to keep updating it.

Still trying to get the source. :x

Piska
01-25-2003, 04:23 AM
yea I guess it would be better if it saved your character info into a sql file that way when you drop your database and add in a new one you can just source each character and not have to summon the items. well good luck with that sounds like some thing that will be very handy.

DeletedUser
01-25-2003, 05:31 AM
well, thats what my character editor tool im making right now is for. :D Saving, and sending.