PDA

View Full Version : kaiyodo

arpcon
01-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Hey kaiyodo, I was messing around with your item editor, i added a new blank item into my DB, edit to my flavor, and add a Skill mod of 20 backstab to my item, but on my item in game it should up as Bane Dmg: UNKNOWN Type +200 or something along those lines. I never even messed with the bane fields... Thought it might be worth posting :D

Kaiyodo
01-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Arpcon, try it with the new beta I put up yesterday http://www.geocities.com/kaiyodouk/Beta/ . I fixed some problems with the struct and added some features here and there.

K.

ExeterIsLame
01-28-2003, 05:50 AM
Got bored at work and threw added in the pop items... not sure if you can use them... but worth a shot. Seems to work fine on page 4 but there is no page 5 in the menu so couldnt test further hehe.

arpcon
01-28-2003, 07:34 AM
Hehe thanks k, worked perfectly. Nice work on Item Editor, loved the changes. Look forward to seeing what else you add.

Kaiyodo
02-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Finally got around to putting in proper PoP icon support in the Item Editor :D

http://www.geocities.com/Kaiyodouk/

K.

killspree
02-01-2003, 11:46 AM
Hrm, getting an error saying could not find dragitem1.tga through dragitem25.tga even if I point to the folder with them. :/

EDIT: Worked this time...not sure why it didn't work the first few times. Looks very nice with the new background in the icon window. ;)

Kaiyodo
02-01-2003, 11:46 PM
You have to make sure you select your EQ directory when it asks, not the directory where the tga files actually live. Glad to hear you got it working though :)

K.

killspree
02-02-2003, 02:07 AM
A problem I've run into is that it asks for the directory every time I start it up. Last version of the beta saved it, is there a way to save it so it doesn't ask every time with this version?

Kaiyodo
02-02-2003, 06:27 AM
Oops, you're absolutely correct. It didn't read in the EQ path correctly if it had spaces in, I was being lazy :)

Fixed now.

http://www.geocities.com/Kaiyodouk/

K.

Divide
02-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Those are much better on the eyes!! Thank you hon, great job

ExeterIsLame
02-03-2003, 05:59 AM
Whats the chance of someday having a mini version of the model viewer in the Item Editor for aided choosing of item models?
The editor rocks btw heh. Just spend most of my time with your Item Editor, Spell Editor, and Model Viewer open all at once hehe.

arpcon
02-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Yea I like the changes too. I like the idea about the "mini model viewer" built in hehe, or a list of ITmodel #'s for us lazy people you know :)
-arpcon

Divide
02-20-2003, 06:27 AM
Kaiyo.
I woas wondering if it would be hard to make the search field not only search name but also search the *lore field. I would be greatful. That will make finding some items "magelo" so much easier.

Thank you hon

Kaiyodo
02-20-2003, 07:25 AM
Divide, you should already be able to do that. In the search box you can change the text search mode to 'Lore', 'Model' or 'Name' from the drop down list next to the 'Use text search' button.

Hopefully that should do what you need.

K.

Divide
02-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Back from Vaction.

Your right Kaiyo, i didnt notice,

I had a question about item charges tho.
Seems that we are now using Unlimited as = 255 and all other # = the real charges ie. 1-254. ( for those that dont understand , it used to be -1 = Unlimited charges )
But when i set a item to 1 , save, move to a different item and then back, it shows as -255. Is it the DBs code that is messing up or Item Editor. I need to find out what it is so i can fix the set charges on items.

killspree
02-28-2003, 05:32 PM
0 seems to work for me when setting unlimited charges. I'll mess around with it some tonight to make sure.

Divide
02-28-2003, 06:13 PM
If thats so, then it maybe a issue in the expendable code rather then a issue with Item Editor. But I was thinking that even if issue with the DB code then ETE would still show what you set it to.

Kaiyodo
03-01-2003, 02:13 AM
If setting the number of charges to 0 gives you unlimited charges, I'd suspect a bug in the code, it checks for PI_Count == 255 for an inifintely charged item.

As for what to set the PI_Count to, it can be -1 or 255, they both come out the same due to the type of variable used to store the number. The item editor does indeed set PI_Count back to -1 as I've got the type set as signed rather than unsigned by mistake. I'll update the item editor to fix it, but it won't make any functional difference to the item.

K.

killspree
03-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Just tested early this morning, 0 does indeed give infinite charges.

Divide
03-01-2003, 07:06 PM
But the main issue im talking about is you cant really set it to 1-254. We need that. Atm ALL items have a 255 Charge. We dont need that. That is why im asking if its a issue with EIE or the Expendable code. See Item like "Can O'Whoop ass" are only to really have 1 Charge. That the "REAL" EQ item stats. But it has Unlimited and when you set it to 1 charge, save, leave item and come back to it, it has different #.

Trumpcard
03-01-2003, 11:58 PM
The main problem with item charges is that it was changed to an int8 (unsigned) from an sint8 (signed), so negitive 1's are being casted to 255 when converted.

im guessing we need to just convert it to an sint16, then do the boundary checks for below -1 and above 255

Kaiyodo
03-02-2003, 12:57 AM
Divide, turns out it was actually a bug in the Item editor. The size of MaxCharges was int8 in the item struct but int16 in the structure description I use to generate the UI. All that means is that when MaxCharges was saved out to the DB it would corrupt a byte. That byte happened to be PI_Count.

Fixed now and uploaded to www.geocities.com/Kaiyodouk/

K.

khuong
03-02-2003, 02:20 AM
haha kai i just fixed it 2.. was gonna e-mail u fixed version :(

btw next time u come on irc i got something to send u ^_^
lala i updated another on of yur programs haha

<3

Monrezz
03-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Is this actually an item editor, or does it just allow you to create new items?

I can't find anywhere on the program an option to import database...only import item (.item file). I don't have any .item files though :P

Anyone wanna enlighten me please...and tell me how to load the item database...?

Thankie,

Mon

**EDIT**
Sorry - I hadn't got my items loaded into my database correctly :)
All fixed -- Great tool!

Piska
03-14-2003, 11:58 AM
monrezz read the readme (http://www.eqemu.net/documents/readme.html). It tells you there how to import a database into mysql

Vaft
04-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Does this mean an item should be able to have, for example, 200 charges? Because when I set it to 127+ , it is displayed in negative values after a save. Not sure that it actually matters though.

Aside from that, I can't seem to create a new item with clickable effects, regardless if it set it to "infinate" charges or a set number like 50 charges. The only thing that I can get to work is weapon procs. Does anyone have time to test this? I want to know if it's the editor, the server(4.4dr1), or myself.

The flags I use for clickable items are:

Effect: 1
SpellID: (the proper spell #)
PI_CountFlag: 3
PI_Count: (I've tried 50 and -1)
PI_Effect: 1
PI_Spell: (same as SpellID)
PI_MagicMask: -1

I've tried various different options, but no effect shows up on the item in EQ. This is for items created using the "add new item" option, haven't tested it with already existing objects.

epacs
05-10-2003, 02:37 AM
ack i get a problem when trying to edit weapon damage, i can change the damage and all, but anything over 127,like vaft says about the charges,goes into negatives...so whats up with that?

fnemo
05-10-2003, 03:12 AM
In the source code, its writen "char" as var type. Need to be "unsigned char" so you can go from 0 up to 255.
source code is avaible so edit it by yourself so kayodo can focus on other stuff :p