PDA

View Full Version : EQAdmin 3.3 Notes/Bugs

Solaris
01-28-2003, 06:21 AM
For the most part this version seems more stable than previous ones. However, there are still a few bugs or things which are not implemented yet.

1. Item Visuals - Currently on initial load of an item with the new PoP visuals and partical effects all seem to be tagged as a Shin Tok visual. As long as no changes are made to these items it will remain as intended in eqlive. But, as soon as changes are made and implemented the item in EQEMU looks like a Shin Tok weapon.

2. Item Icons - The new PoP icons do not show up (visually) on selection but their corresponding #'s do show up.

3. GM Item Flag - This still does not work and never has to my knowledge. Once u click on add changes it drops the flag.

4. Spawns - With this version 3.3 this is the 1st time I have attempted to edit/add spawns. While trying to add a simple (orc) spawn in Oasis of Mar, the dot would not show on the map. This was tried with right-clicking and manual. While looking over everything to make sure there was no conflicts I noticed that everytime I tried to add a spawn to Oasis it overlapped (in reference I assume) with Acrylia Caverns as a spawn group. This added something like 20 - 30 spawns to acrylia caverns under a diff spawn group, all with improper creature location references. Once I deleted any of them all showed up as non existant.

Other Notes:
Since #wp has been implemented is there any way to add this to the Admin for use with the Maps like in Spawns? Since we cannot edit any mobs stats (ie str, dex, sta, agil, etc) is there any other way to make a mob like Statue of Rallos Zek triple hit for 1100dmg max? MaxDMG and MinDMG in the Admin do not seem to do anything since stats are hard-coded.

Pneu
01-29-2003, 01:59 AM
I am having similar problems with spawns. Using the 0.4.1 addon db (and 0.4.1 eqemu) and EqAdmin 3.3

Whenever I create a spawn either by right clicking or just editing a value like spawn time, the value resets as soon as I select a different spawn.

I cannot add a spawn because the program does not appear to save the spawn group.

I cannot add a new item, which I find particularly annoying because I want to start creating a fresh world with a blank item and spawn database :/

EqAdmin is the best overall tool for EqEmu, and I praise your efforts in writting it. Please please please can you do some work on the item and spawn menu's so they work 'as intended' :)

The value i'd most like to edit for a mobs stats is it's different resists although I guess we must wait for EqEmu to support that first, min and max damage would be very nice to have working.

It would also be nice (and this maybe somewhere else on the forum) to have an explanation of what all the special attacks are, and when we use them in EqAdmin what syntax should we use?

Pneu

killspree
01-29-2003, 03:56 AM
Spawn values reseting seem to have been around for FQadmin for as long as I can remember.

You basically have to add the spawn2 section by hand, which isn't very hard, just take a look at your db and see what it needs.