PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly crashing..alot

Djani
02-20-2002, 03:01 PM
Yes i am new to the scene here. Over the last 3 days, i was able to play on Gotfrags, Cyber junkies and a smatering of private servers. Now suddenly, i cant get a zone to load on any server. right after character selection, the HD goes beserk, the zone flashes then boom to desktop. I have not gone into EQ Live, since i started this and unfortunatley i have the latest live patch.

I am aware there is a rather nasty bug concerning zones right now, but why suddenly would it effect me everywhere i go? I believe but i am not sure my problem is on my end somewhere, but i am not sure where besides the obvious of re-installing EQ(ick). Any ideas on what i can try?

ZeroDegrez
02-20-2002, 03:53 PM
Wait for next version :cool:

EvIl-QuEsT
02-20-2002, 06:51 PM
Are you running your own server or just playing on the gotfrags server? I just played for 2 hours on the gotfrags server today and it was working fine even with the latest patch. But later in the evening I was unable to connect to the server. My opinion is that the reason we are unable to connect to the gotfrags server is not due to the eqlive patch but due to bandwidth and or ISP service problems to the gotfrags server.:(

misfit
02-20-2002, 06:55 PM
actually if you sat in the IRC channel you would have seen that they were trying new code to reduce lag .. as always the emu is in beta stage and thier will be ups downs...

btw who was that said "you cant bitch if its free"

EvIl-QuEsT
02-20-2002, 07:01 PM
I've come to the understanding that its really not worth the effort to bitch about anything. If you dont like something then just ignore it or it becomes an endless cycle of anger and venting.

Shawn319
02-21-2002, 12:52 AM
The zone crashing has been here since 2-13-2002 (patch day).. We need sins/ShowEQ logs of logging in, and zoning.. give em to an OP in the IRC room.

Djani
02-21-2002, 08:40 AM
I solved the problem, EQW was causing my eqmain.dll to become corrupt. Once i put in a new one, no problems at all, everything back to normal.