PDA

View Full Version : another question...where can i dowload Everquest?

firekhaag
02-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Hi

so the question is in the tittle...i'd like to dl the Game Everquest...anyone has got a link plz?

thx for your help

RevlinXevlin
02-18-2003, 12:08 PM
You can't just download EverQuest ..

but

Since we don't exactly need the registration key since we aren't playing on the live servers, if someone put up the 2+ gig file for you to download then ya .. it's possible. But don't expect it.

Lurker_005
02-18-2003, 02:24 PM
You can get the original EQ content by downloading it from Sony's website. I don't have the link handy. Install it, patch it. You now have a full install of the Original EQ, and can play in any of those zones on the emulator.

O6scured
02-18-2003, 06:59 PM
also I'm pretty sure if you get anyone to send you for example the PoP patcher it'll connect to sony and start downloading all the game files from them. That way u only need to dl the small file then get the rest from sony. Havent tested this but hear it works.

RevlinXevlin
02-18-2003, 07:09 PM
Even if someone gets the patcher from each release of EQ, you still have to download a massive ammount of stuff and you won't be able to play on regular EQ servers. Grab a copy of EQ at best buy or have a friend loan you the discs and install to play EqEmu.

O6scured
02-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Nah eqlive sucks anyways. I played it for a couple of months. In my very first month of play I got to lvl 40, no problem... No I didnt play 24 hrs a day I had a life. The game was too easy and pointless I just gave up. My enchanter is erased now so dont think I'll even bother playing any more on it. Instead I'm just gonna use eqemu to practice learning programming (soon as I can get past learning the basics, grrr I hate trying to begin at things =(.) and playing around with setting up my own eqemu server. Another reason I wont go back to live eq, or play normal eq on guild wars is because I cant stand trying to lvl up in the newb levels any more... I go crazy...

Trumpcard
02-19-2003, 01:52 AM
I still say, even if you're going to play on the emulator, and you want to files, buy the game from Best Buy or some such store. It's not particularly expensive, and those guys really did innovate alot of what the modern MMORPG is, and they deserve your support also. Pay for what they built , even if you dont want to play on their online service.

Personally, I prefer multiplayers games that have single player modes. Sometimes you just dont feel like playing with other people. (NWN rules!)