PDA

View Full Version : Can someone translate this for me? PLEASE?

faddius
02-19-2003, 02:02 PM
ok, can someone translate this into a step by step guide, its my first time fiddling with files to sort out bugs etc. so I dont have much clue what im doing. But im good at following step by step instructions! :D

__________________________________________________ ___

woot!! finally got 4.2 to work lol..

here is what i did

i just took my working 4.1 database that i was playing with because 4.2 didnt work at the time and i only changed 2 things in that database and it was:

1) open up mysql
b) USE EQ;
c) ALTER TABLE variables ADD COLUMN ts timestamp NULL;

d) optional if you havent done this to your old 4.1 db is the add source in the resists table from this link
http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=5709&highlight=resists+sql i had already added that to my working 4.1 version and it didnt seem to hurt it any.

then..

2) open up Admin tool ( i have 3.8 )

b) on accounts tab line 1 drag bottom scroll bar all way to the right
and in the second to the last column called "isaccount_id" if it is blank just click in the box and type zero and HIT enter. there was another line below it with my user name pass and that was blank as well but i left it blank because it seemed that it only stored the char in the first one "eqemu" anyways.

c)click on COMMIT CHANGES

__________________________________________________ ___

As you might be able to guess, to a newbie at fiddling with files that all means nothing to me, I dont understand any of it. I hope someone can spare the time to change it into instructions for me.

eviltwigfipper19
02-19-2003, 02:28 PM
First off, you need to have correctly set up your MYSQL server.

1) If you have not added db.sql yet, here is what you do.(If you HAVE sourced db.sql goto #2

You goto the bin directory in your mysql directory(ex c:\mysql\bin), run mysql.exe.

Type in the console use <yourdatabase> (ex: use eqmu).

Then Type source db.sql.

Then you should see ALOT of crap, dont worry.

2) Then type: ALTER TABLE variables ADD COLUMN ts timestamp NULL;.

If I am not mistakin this is only if you have the OLD database. I think you can Skip #2 if you are using the DB that came with the new EMU.

Hope this helps.

faddius
02-20-2003, 01:07 AM
I cant find any directories called mysql, tried a search for files, tried browsing. If i just searched for sql files i can find alot but nothing named mysql. Why does this have to be so complicated? :?

Trumpcard
02-20-2003, 01:46 AM
Listen,

By default, running a server system for something as complex as everquest is not going to be a point and click operation. It's going to require some technical knowhow, or at least a willingness to learn. If you're not prepared to have to dig in and learn alot of new things, basic mysql/sql operations , how to use DOS, etc, you really should reconisder running a server.

Its has to be complicated because there's really no other way to do it...

faddius
02-20-2003, 02:45 AM
umm.......isnt that a guide on how to get everquest running on emulator servers? So you dont crash every time you go through character select?

If it isnt why ask Imasianman been posting it on all the threads where people have been asking what to do when it boots you back to server select when you start choosing a character? :evil:

Im just completely confused now :?