PDA

View Full Version : Idea regarding EQ version

emu3qaz
02-20-2003, 04:12 AM
Hi everyone!

As a newbie to EQemu, I have a question. Was 0.4.2 updated to work with the current live EQ, or does it only work with the same version of EQ as 0.4.1? For you old timers it's probably obvious, but since I'm new here I don't know where to find that information. I am getting errors and I'm not sure whether it's because of my EQ version or something else I did.

Could the distribution include a reference as to which EQ version works (such as the date/timestamp and size of a particular file). That way it could avoid questions such as this.

Great work on the EQemu by the way! Although I haven't been able to get it going yet, I can appreciate the effort involved by everyone.

Thanks!

Trumpcard
02-20-2003, 05:50 AM
Does not work with live currently, probably won't for awhile yet, eqlive needs to stablize, they're changing alot, then we can try and catch up to their patches. Until they quit making changes in the packets, it's pointless to try and match them.

Date/timestamps isnt really an effective solution, there is a patcher available that should take care of that problem. (The problem is that the stamps will most likely mean nothing for 98% of the users, and it will still be a matter of how do I get the files if Im patched)

emu3qaz
02-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Thanks for your reply! I checked out the patcher as you suggested and it worked wonders for me! I can now log in without any problems.