PDA

View Full Version : Unknown opcode and 1017 error

IAMadness
02-22-2003, 08:33 PM
I am getting a 1017 error (cant connect server , blah blah) but at same time World.exe is showing a unknown opcode 0x0286 , i am getting this on eq that has been patched to current patches , also have back up dir that hasnt been updated and that just crashes to desktop

Lotharnt
02-22-2003, 10:16 PM
I am gettin the exact same thing! I have tried everything, Even when I have mine set up for a local server I can see my server and everthing but I cant join it cause I get that same error as yours. If you figure it out let me know!

kingscoot
02-23-2003, 03:22 AM
yep same here, tried using the eqemu login servers and connecting that way but still getting booted with unkonwn opcodes and 1017 erors on the client side. tried all sorts of different things. someone pls help us out, dont make me resort to playing on verants servers plzzzzz :)

Lotharnt
02-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Hey guys, I dont know if this will work for u guys but this is what I had to do:

http://www.eqemu.net/?patcher

download the mdac thing at the bottom there and install that then i patched everything ok and now it works!

IAMadness
02-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Woot , problem fixed , i had to use the patch program and download the source files and extract to same dirictory as eqemu was in , hope this help a lot becuase i never saw nothing about the source files in the readme