PDA

View Full Version : About packetcollector

Grosbaloo
02-24-2002, 03:45 PM
This might be a really stupid question but I just can't find the answer. What's the packetcollector do??? I try and open it it says missing a dll file with a dll file name beside it that I dont even have on my comp....

Would appreciate any help on that cause I dont understand what it does, my eqemu works even if I dont have it and there are so many versions it must be because it does something.

And thanks a lot to the eqemu dev team for putting up such a cool project( although I can't play right now, at least now I know why I must make a backup lol:D

Gino
02-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Packetcollector is a programm that is mainly used, to sniff the datastream of a Life EQ game session for packets.

The programm can filter out items you have in Inventory, Bankaccount or found on Merchants.
(Inspect is not sufficent)

If not otherwise configured the collected Items will be sent to the Gotfrags Database when you end the program. (Ctrl - C)

The reason that you cant start PC5 is because you need also pcap installed.
Link : http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/winpcap/

If your using XP i recommend using the Beta rel.

Hope this helps

Regards
Gino

Grosbaloo
02-25-2002, 10:00 AM
So like if I dont play the live version of eq anymore I dont need the packetcollector??

TheClaus
02-25-2002, 10:11 AM
Right. Basically it currently collects the item packets from the LiveEQ server that you are playing on and sends them to a centralize DB so that we have a good accurate item db.