PDA

View Full Version : eqemupatcher/linux

rollain
02-27-2003, 03:39 AM
first, im fairly new to linux

could anyone help me get the eqemu patcher set up ? im running eq with winex 2.2.1-1
dual booting
windows 98
redhat 7.3
but i would like to get rid of windows alltogether
i downloaded it into the eq directory, but cant figure out how to run it.
also, do i need all the expansions to log into a server ?
i have all of them, but,
i dont want to spend hours if its not going to work.

thanks

a_Guest03
02-27-2003, 07:13 AM
It is correct that wine can emulate Everquest, but I've tried to get the patcher working under linux... It didn't like it too much. I tried all versions of windows I could emulate, and none work. Patch in windows with the patcher program if you can. I doubt you can, because you run win98. For now, you just may have to wait for eqemu to catch up with live. If you're running wine to run Everquest, you may need winex from transgaming.com, available for free by cvs, or binary + support for $5/mo for minimum 3months ($15).

I've done everything in my power to get out of the situation you currently are in, because I'm in it too. I'm going to wait a while. The devs are probably making good progress.

I'm in the same boat as you for wanting to migrate away from windows completely. Once I get my nvidia.o module to not crash my display (Black death screen familiar with hardware/driver problems), I don't think I'll install windows again.

farce
02-27-2003, 09:17 AM
install VMWare and patch inside of that...