PDA

View Full Version : PATCHSRV.DAT

gokuhi
03-02-2003, 04:19 AM
I do EVERYTHING properly. I know I am, and I get Run Time Error blah blah blah Cannot find file Patchsrv.dat. Anyone know whats going on?

Silenteer
03-02-2003, 05:26 AM
I get the same farkin thing! its so gay.. it only works sometimes! omg im so pissed off at it.. its so damn annoying and its by far the worst error!

gokuhi
03-03-2003, 10:51 AM
HELP

Ayukawa
03-03-2003, 11:22 AM
There is nothing you can do.

Your version is patched beyond what the EQEmu patch server has information on.

This means that you will have to wait until the Dev gets the time to update things. Something many of us have had to do.

Uninstalling and reinstalling only makes it worse as you may end up patching yet again past the point where the EQEmu Patchserver is educated.

A good practice is whenever you get a working EQ Install is to back it up. I know one who rar's her directory to keep it safe. I made a install out of it myself, keep it on a DVD+RW and update as necessasary.

If you would do a search on this, you would have found it as it is perhaps the most asked question in the last 2 weeks.

Vermea
03-03-2003, 11:26 AM
Yes, most frequely asked and the most frequent answer is "just be patient...it will be fixed" So that's what you should do. Maybe go get a donut and some coffee or something and just chill out till the dev's get to fixing it.