PDA

View Full Version : CAN ANYONE HELP ?? DONT IGNORE PLEASE !!!!!!

Thunderlord
03-02-2003, 08:17 AM
ok im so pissed off at this .. i installed everything and i cant connect to the patch server .. what am i doing wrong ??

this is the 5th frikkin time im asking this ..

can anyone JUST POST SOMETHING UP HERE ?!!?!?

Jaxen
03-02-2003, 08:20 AM
yeah there are loads of us disgruntled mofos out here with this problem.
We should start a petition topic to get some help, no one has listened.

Aragain
03-02-2003, 09:06 AM
People are certainly listening, but *most* people dont have an answer.

The last time my patcher did not work, was becuase the server was down I believe.

But it should be up now, so that probably isnt the answer.

There could many issues, if your not getting some kind of program error, and just cant connect, I would say make sure you don't have any firewalls active, or just being a router could create loads of problems.

Other then that, im clueless as to what could be causing any problems. Hence, *most* people dont have the answers =/

Aragain
03-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Just saw this.

http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=6073

Thunderlord
03-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Aragain, thank you for at least trying to help,

i beleive that my prob is finding the patch.dat ...
when i open the .txt file there is an error finding the patch.dat and the patcher just gives me an error : cannot connect to patch server

Let me try and find my last post ....

Thunderlord
03-03-2003, 07:40 PM
ok here it is ....

Log Opened: 2/24/2003 1:28:39 PM

GetFile Filename: patch.dat
Error:

Darksoul
03-04-2003, 10:59 AM
for those of you that are having this problem, are you behind a router or a firewall, or possibly anything like zonealarm, or what not, because this could very well be a error with your comp communicating with the patch server, keep that in mind.

Vermea
03-04-2003, 11:42 AM
No, I'm behind a router/firewall and I connect fine. The problem is finding patchserv.dat file. It's not a file that its found on the patch server. It's on your computer...or it's supposed to. It sounds to me like you're install had an error while installing or it may be a file in the eq directory that your missing...either way...try reinstalling the patcher.

Thunderlord
03-04-2003, 11:02 PM
No, im not behind a fire wall or proxy or anything .. i connect directly to internet trough a cable modem.

Also i cant find the patchsrv.dat file on the computer ... i will just try to FORMAT everything and try again .. so il be 100% that nothing is interfering ..