PDA

View Full Version : Full Zone Spawning

magnav0x
02-25-2002, 08:31 PM
Ok I've spent all day reading posts to get my server up and after many hours (mostly mysql password probs :p ) I got the server online and the npcs, items, and all updated via these postings. The only real problems I'm having is manualy zoning which I know I will have to go in and add the coordinates myself so I'm not too worryed about that atm, but what I REALY want to know is if there is a way to make the zone pop all of the mobs that should normaly be there. When I log on the server there are absolutely no mobs, merchants or any other NPC for that matter. I can successfuly use the #spawn command to spawn a creature manualy, but with the spawn info and npc's updated in the db.sql shouldn't they automaticaly spawn there when the world is loaded? I'm not sure if I'm asking the right question but I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance for your time.

btw, I do have eqadmin, i downloaded the maps and all and checked them after updating the spawns and I see plenty of red dots on them indicating spawns.

Drawde
02-26-2002, 12:23 AM
Have you loaded my NPC/spawn data (http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/worlddata0.5.zip) into the DB? In that case, there should be NPCs, merchants etc in most of the city and outdoor zones. However many dungeon zones have errors with all the mobs ending up at the safe point, and there isn't any data for Velious or Luclin. Still though you should see plenty of spawns in most of the "old world" and Kunark zones.

As for creating your own spawns, I think there's a #dbspawn command which spawns a NPC and saves it to the DB, so it will be there next time you start up the server. Type #help in-game for a list of emulator commands.

magnav0x
02-26-2002, 07:33 AM
Yes I have downloaded and sourced all your info into the db already....I am seeing an error when I run zone.exe (not a critical error that keeps it from loading). This is what it reads:

Loading items & NPCs...DB Query Error
Error #1054: Unknonw colum 'merchant_id' in field 'field list'
Error in LoadNPCTypes query 'SELECT id,name,level,race,class,hp,genger,texture,helmtex tured,size,lootable_id, merchant _id FROM npc_typs' #1054: Unknown column 'merchant_id' in 'field list'

BTW before I sourced your npc_type info I dropped the table and sourced this in to recreate the table. Maybe there is an error in it.

CREATE TABLE npc_types (
id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
name text NOT NULL,
level tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
race tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
class tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
hp int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
gender tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
texture tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
helmtexture tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
size tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
hp_regen_rate int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
mana_regen_rate int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
loottable_id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Trumpcard
02-26-2002, 08:07 AM
Thats the old version of the npc_types struct..

It should look like this.. Yours is missing the merchant_id field.

#
# Table structure for table 'npc_types'
#

CREATE TABLE npc_types (
name text NOT NULL,
size float NOT NULL default '0',
merchant_id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Trumpcard
02-26-2002, 08:08 AM
Thats the old version of the npc_types struct..

It should look like this..

#
# Table structure for table 'npc_types'
#

CREATE TABLE npc_types (
name text NOT NULL,
size float NOT NULL default '0',
merchant_id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

magnav0x
02-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the new template, I eventualy figured it out on my own after looking at the error message and the template I had closely, I noticed I was missing my merchant_id line. Ok I got spawns now, of course they don't move but I didn't expect them to. Unfortunately I'm also having a problem getting the Items v3.0 sourced into the DB. Is there a certain table I can drop before I source in the new items list instead of redoing the whole DB so it doesn't beep like crazy or maybe just a way to hush the process without having to rip my damn pc speaker out? Once I can get the items in I'm going to start the tedious task of getting zone point info.

Trumpcard
02-26-2002, 08:47 AM
The db.sql that came with 0.2.3 should be pretty chock full of items thanks to PacketCollector, you shouldnt have to load anything additional.

magnav0x
02-26-2002, 09:07 AM
Thanks again, I believe ya, all those duplicated entries :P