PDA

View Full Version : patchsrv.dat questions

syntoad
03-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Since I am not seeing this problem with my patcher I'm wondering what is causing it. I do not have a patchsrv.dat file in either my eq live directory or my eqemu directory, so I am assuming it is a file that comes from the patch server, what I want to have someone with the problem try is this:

Install everquest from scratch into a new folder, and then try to eqemu patch BEFORE you live patch.

I am curious weather this is a problem caused by sony or the patcher itself.

Vermea
03-04-2003, 12:12 PM
I just searched my computer...and there is no patchsrv.dat on my computer...but my patcher runs fine. *ponder* very strange. Where is this patchsrv.dat coming from and why the hell can't I find it?

By the way, my patcher works fine.

Ayukawa
03-04-2003, 01:51 PM
patchsrv.dat is a file on the PatchServer Itself.

There is nothing you can do other than be patient.

No offense intended, but it is an obvious issue and conclusion that one can reach simply by doing a search on the board. This issue has been addressed, readdressed, overaddressed, once over and again to the point that soon songs shall flow forth from the mouths of newborn babies about it.

Learn it - Use It - Its your best friend (http://forums.eqemu.net/search.php)

Vermea
03-04-2003, 01:55 PM
okay...get a little pissed off.......jesus fucking christ.

Ayukawa
03-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Bad idea. Anger is bad for your complexion.

I was just hoping that it would stick in your mind. Sort of like the way commercials work on that thing called a Telivision.

gokuhi
03-04-2003, 02:26 PM
I installed fresh.. SAME FUCKING ERROR

Jaxen
03-04-2003, 08:33 PM
ok about patchsrv.dat
THE PATCHER IS TRYING TO FIND IT ON OUR COMPUTERS!

No offence. But they must have just coded it to try and take it from our c:/ drives rather than the server!

I have fresh install and still the same error. So i am wondering does this only happen with certain expansion with EQ? or a certain level of patcher?

Ayukawa
03-05-2003, 10:37 AM
Have you ever considered that it may be the c: drive of the host?

You know, you do not hold the monopoly on c: drives. I am certain that there are thousands, if not millions or more of them in this world. I have one on this system, and one on the other windows box here. There also is one on the old Dos Box here. I can name tons of people both important and not who all have them as well.

The patchserver works fine for me. It works fine for the other Windows box here.

Stop doing new installs and patching it on EQLive and be patient. Eventually they will catch up to it and it will work for you. If you keep using EQLive to patch, you will always be ahead and never get anywhere.

Patience... its more than a slogan...

Jaxen
03-05-2003, 10:55 PM
OK if it were the host's C:\ then it would specify the internet access address. If that is not there then why would the rest of the world be able to patch with the same program.

I am seriously beginning to believe that it is the UO expansion packs which may have done that.

Ayukawa
03-06-2003, 04:56 AM
That all depends on how it is coded.

I have looked at the way the EQEmu is coded nd the error messages are static based on circumstance. I would easily believe that the error messages from the Patcher are the same.

I am seriously beginning to believe that it is the UO expansion packs which may have done that

And this is EQ not UO.

Jaxen
03-06-2003, 07:18 AM
:lol: Yeah i play both and get confused (well i am involved with both, i haven't played EQ yet!).

Vermea
03-06-2003, 07:26 AM
If you ask me all the guessing is just making the problem worse. I think everyone should just wait for the devs to figure it out, after all, they are all more qualified than us....if you ask me.