PDA

View Full Version : Problem with everquest server

bigbig1982
03-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Hi to all!
I have a little problem to play at Everquest patch by EQemu.
After I do all the things write in the site, after i choose a server to connect for play, the game send me this error message:

Error 1017:Cannot login to the everquest server.
Re-run the Update Patch program

But if i re-run the patch programm it'll replace the eqhost.txt file!!!!!!!!!And so I'll be not able to play!!!!
How I have to do???? :?: :?: :?:
Please, help me!!!

bigbig1982

Shawn319
03-07-2003, 09:40 AM
You have to patch to the current version on eqlive, and then patch using the EQEmu patcher, then run eqw.exe to play (make sure the path in EQW is the one to the EQEmu patched EQ directory.

Jaxen
03-08-2003, 12:04 AM
OK i have 2 questions.
1) Is the current patcher hosted on this site messed up?
2) If so then could someone host the correct one?

cybermax
03-08-2003, 11:01 PM
1) Is the current patcher hosted on this site messed up?
Yes it is.
2) If so then could someone host the correct one?
The one aviable for download is the correct one.

And what do i mean? Well.. seems the patcher DID work a while back i think, then someone demoved the patchserver itself (patchdata.foreverhacking.net), and everyone that asks the same questions as you and me, just get some lame answer that "it works here".

I have asked 2-3 times now if anyone actually can VERIFY that the patcher works by trying to patch a newly live installed EQ, but none has done that. I recon "Hey.. it works for me, and the patched worked back then 4 weeks ago.. Surely it still works, cos i aint fixing it..." applies to all that got it working.

So.. unless someone tells me different.. THE PATCHER IS BROKEN!

Ayukawa
03-09-2003, 07:34 AM
The patcher is not broken...

Your timing is just off...

It worked for me not just a few ago when I ran it last after adding in the essential PoP files that I wanted in while keeping the install size down.

Patience young Grasshopper... All things come in time.