PDA

View Full Version : Have a suggestion or request or bug report? Post them here.

Wes
03-15-2003, 06:23 AM
Hi all, i'm taking requests and suggestions for features on quests, also any bugs you may find thanks!

Please remember the quest system is still in beta and isn't completely finished yet.

Sorry I forgot to mention this, but i'm no longer supporting the old quest format, but I will be making a converter from old -> new format.

killspree
03-15-2003, 04:54 PM
$uclass or something that checks the users class would be a nice addition for class specific quests.

Wes
03-16-2003, 02:03 AM
It's already there. heh $class, I must have forgotten to list it in the readme hehe sorry.

killspree
03-20-2003, 04:01 AM
Quests don't seem to be working in the latest CVS. :/

kabalah
03-20-2003, 07:24 AM
does the latest cvs code have the new quest system implemented? it looks like it is looking for filenames like:
quests/%i.qst
not
quests/zonename/%i.qst
kabalah

Mortimus
03-26-2003, 12:01 PM
I would like you to be able to turn in coin to an npc.

Drawde
03-29-2003, 03:57 AM
Very large .qst files with a lot of text (newbie armour quest NPCs, for example) appear to crash the zone server,
without giving an error message.

If there is a full stop or other punctuation character after $name, $race or a similar string, without a space (e.g "Hello, $name."), it won't
work, and will print NULL (not really a serious problem though, just put a space after the name string).

Also - do multiple item triggers have to be in the same order (e.g " if ($item0 == "1001" && $item1 == "1002") ")
or can you use =~ in the same way you can with text triggers?

E.g " if ($item0- =~ "13072" && $item0- =~ "13073" && $item0- =~ "13068") "
would be triggered if you handed in these three items in any combination.

killspree
03-29-2003, 08:26 AM
The way around lots of dialogue crashing the zone for me is to split up the if statements into several EVENT_SAY. Works ok for me that way, and I've had no issues with zone crashes to this point.

Trumpcard
03-29-2003, 09:43 AM
Wes is bumping up the buffersize on those, so it shouldnt be a problem for long...

Velenos
04-03-2003, 08:40 AM
Ok, i finally got my quests working right after enough stress over getting spaces outta my format...
But now, for some reason i found out that when i'm trying to talk to someone (or the NPC with the quest info) and i happen to hit ")" anywhere in the message. IE, "Soandso says, 'Hey there, man... this is funny : )'". Doing this will make the npc process every one of the events in order... really annoying on newb quest NPC's that are sposed to hand stuff out... any suggestions?

Monrezz
04-03-2003, 10:08 AM
$sex (To return He / She / It )

Short but simple :P

Drawde
04-04-2003, 08:50 PM
EVENT_ATTACK doesn't seem to work. Here is an example script for an orc pawn:

EVENT_ATTACK {
say("Death!! Death to all those who oppose the Crushbone Orcs!")
}

EVENT_DEATH {
say("You shall have all the Crushbone orc legions on my tail for your death!")
}

The death text displays properly, but the orc still doesn't say anything when he attacks.
I seem to remember TRIGGER_ATTACK was broken with the old quest language too.

killspree
04-04-2003, 09:02 PM
sendto(x,y,z,heading) would be really nice if it's possible. Or just name it goto like the actual #goto command. Also sendtozone(zoneshortname,x,y,z,heading) would be neat, again, if possible.

TwoSock
04-11-2003, 02:54 AM
Hmm yes..

if you hppen to type ! or ( or ) and some other chars while talking to an npc it parses the WHOLE script and basically goes apeshit on you lol

would like to see a fix here :)

i didn't find a way round this yet myself =/

actually a HALT command would be nice.. so we could put it at the end of each line to make sure the script halts there.. that way there's no way it could prse the whole script due to an error.

yes... give ya my right arm for a HALT command :)

used_pawn
04-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Ok, ive been playing with the new CVS code (from 2 days ago) and i must admit, most everything is running smoothly. Had to play with database faction to get a hit when i kill something, but everything is more or less groovy.
Except quest faction...noticed it is still commented out, so, i played with the code for a bit and ended up just getting lost in the class structures.
So, any idea on when it will be implemented or some insight on how to fix?

Thanks for what you've done so far, my quests are rounding out quite nicely =)

Drawde
04-22-2003, 03:34 AM
A trigger for when the NPC kills something (or a player character!), something like EVENT_KILL, would be useful, particularly for guards. And a command to make the NPC attack the player interacting with them.
Also, a cash value in EVENT_ITEM would be useful (e.g "if(itemcount(1000)==1 && cashvalue>="50") "

killspree
04-22-2003, 09:22 AM
I think EVENT_SLAY is for what you described Drawde.

Wes
04-27-2003, 02:52 AM
There is going to be many many fixes in the next release including the "!" "(" ")" bug, i've changed the way it parses the script and it is way more flexible then before.

You can use either like:
say("something here"); or
say(something here);.

EVENT_ATTACK has been fixed, for some odd reason the code was left out, possibly in a merge.

Btw i've made it so every function() requires a ";" after it to parse just for fucks sake so it will be a more realistic language :).

Added in the ability to //comment a line or

/*
comment
out
more than 1
line
*/

Also i'm working on a quest editor, http://eq-domain.hypermart.net/test.bmp .

I haven't given an update in a while because I have been extremely busy in real life. Send me some feedback.

used_pawn
05-25-2003, 07:44 AM
having dialog when the NPC is attacked is good, how about when an NPC aggros? you know..."Halt in the name of Antonious Bayle" when the qeynos guards aggro on a dark elf hehe.

also, a way to give faction hits and the ability to zone (self or target) to zone,x,y,z

thanks!

Elrach
05-26-2003, 03:15 AM
I created a new function for sending someone to any zone. Check it out in this thread:

http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=8016&highlight=