PDA

View Full Version : Quest v4.0 not working for me, dont know what's wrong....

rockocool
03-29-2003, 04:32 PM
I setup the quest as the following but so far no response after I hail NPCs, any help would be appreciated!

I downloaded the quest addon v4.0, and unzipped under eqemu\quests\, and the files go into subfolders with name - the zonename.
I am using Eqemu 4.3.
The worlddata is Drawde's 1.1 beta 5.
I checked the NPC id in mysql, they are correct.

and when I hail NPCs who suppose to give quest, they simply dont respond at all. :(
I have read most posts in the quest forum, but still got no clue.

any help? am I using the wrong version of Eqemu? if yes, which version should I use?
also in the world.exe window I got no message when I hail NPCs, where can I get a world.exe with debug mode so it can at least give me some information of what's going on?

rockocool
03-29-2003, 05:12 PM
oops, "found" the problem myself.
for some NPCs it works fine, but for some other it doesnt work, for example, the halfing druid guild master, Hibbs Rootenpaw. I have no idea why this happens, but I happened to pick him to start, and he not only didnt repond to me, but after a few seconds, give an error message in windows, closed that zone, throw me back to character selection screen.

so anyone knows why some NPCs doesnt work?

Damilis
03-30-2003, 10:18 AM
No answers, sorry killer. Just an addition to the number of reoccurring problems. All is installed correctly .4.4dr1, v4.0 drawde's stuff and the NPCTYPEIDs match up. qst's exist in /eqemu/quests/shortzonename
nothing works.
any ideas for commonly missed install steps?

Lurker_005
03-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Seems the problem is with any quests that have too long of an EVENT_* section it just will not respond.

You can make multiple EVENT_* {}'s to work around this

EVENT_SAY {}
EVENT_SAY {}
EVENT_SAY {}
EVENT_SAY {}

This is somethig I think WES has already fixed in the code he is working on.

tcsmyworld
03-30-2003, 02:31 PM
I had the same problem , this is how I got the few that are actually complete to work...

Remove the header line in the file i.e. /*zone:whatever ID:0000..*/
the "}" that is supposed to be at the end is on another line, I target b-4 it and backspace one space, that puts it at end and should be another on next line, leave it there.
here's an example of one of the soulbinders-

EVENT_SAY{
if($1- =~"Hail"){SAY("Greetings $name . When a hero of our world is slain. thier soul returns to the place it was last bound and the body is reincarnated. As a member of the Order of Eternity. it is my duty to [bind your soul] if that is your wish.")}
}
EVENT_SAY{
if($1- =~"bind my soul"){SAY("Incoming bind. when you die. you will return here.")CASTSPELL("$userid","2049")}
}
/*END of FILE*/

tcsmyworld
03-30-2003, 03:27 PM
This one requires useing the AdminTool to change a NPC name, but it is a muti-zone, multi contact style quest that gives items to be turned in to another that give an item to return for reward and experience. Works great :)

You need to go into the NPCs Tab in the EmuAdminTool, find ID#5736, should be a Port Authority Officer.
Highlight that chars info and tab through the fields to name field.
Change name to Trade_Commissioner.
commit changes button.
add the 2 files into thier respective zone folder, replace Yes if asked(unless you have a working quest of same ID#).
restart server, find the Trade commissioner in game , hail him ,start questing :)

unzip qeynos to the qeynos folder in quests folder of emu, bazaar into the the bazaar folder in quests folder.

qeynos has working soulbinder also :)

Damilis
03-31-2003, 02:10 AM
Well with yall's help and a little tinkering, i figured out that in addition to having the comment at the begining, having:
EVENT_SAY {
instead of
EVENT_SAY{

was messing up the quest.

so this file doesnt work:
/*Zone:qeynos2 ID:16 -- Aenia_Ghenson */
EVENT_SAY {
if($1- =~ "Hail"){SAY("Why. hello there! I'm Aenia. daughter of Dranom. It's such a bore just sitting around here all day and night. My father is soooooo overprotective! He never lets me go out and have any fun at all. And he's so mean to my poor [boyfriend]!")}
}
EVENT_SAY {
if($1- =~ "what boyfriend"){SAY("My boyfriend's name is Behroe Dlexon. He is so dreamy.. <sigh>.. But. I haven't been able to see him lately. He works nights down at the docks. and with my father here all day. we just can't seem to get together. Oh. how I wish I could speak with him..")}
}

/*END of FILE*/

BUT this one does:
EVENT_SAY{
if($1- =~ "Hail"){SAY("Why. hello there! I'm Aenia. daughter of Dranom. It's such a bore just sitting around here all day and night. My father is soooooo overprotective! He never lets me go out and have any fun at all. And he's so mean to my poor [boyfriend]!")}
}
EVENT_SAY{
if($1- =~ "what boyfriend"){SAY("My boyfriend's name is Behroe Dlexon. He is so dreamy.. <sigh>.. But. I haven't been able to see him lately. He works nights down at the docks. and with my father here all day. we just can't seem to get together. Oh. how I wish I could speak with him..")}
}

/*END of FILE Zone:qeynos2 ID:16 -- Aenia_Ghenson */

hope this helps people out.

Krayz
07-08-2003, 04:49 AM
Damilis, That helped tons. :) Damn syntax.

EDIT: This is on a 4.4 server btw.