PDA

View Full Version : some newbie questions

Firehawk
03-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Okay, i've read the readme and have been looking through the forums but there are a few things i am wondering about and a few problems i'm having. (i am using the 2.4 beta that was just put out so i don't expect anything to work 100%, but wanna fix the stuff that "should" be working:) I'm new at this so just bear with me.

First when i zone into certain zones i get booted to the login server. (halas, permafrost and hate plane for example). In the Zone9x it will say something about "Unexpected value, recieved: 4100 expected 4104". Any idea how to fix that or what the cause is? Also on some other zones i zone in far far above the ground and have to zone again quickly before i hit the ground and die. (tried to use the invul command but it still killed me). Anyone else having that problem, or know a way to fix it? ( i noticed the falling in everfrost as well as field of bones).

A few more easier questions. First is the /becomenpc command suppose to work? I get a text message saying it worked but i still look the same (i used textures i knew could appear in the zone).

What is the variance variable for in the spawns table? Does that effect the spawning times or does it do something else?

Finally how do you change the headtexture on creatures using the #spawn command when your in game? I can only get a giant's body with cyclops heads to spawn for example.

Sorry if that was alot of questions for one post...didn't wanna spam with 5 diffrent posts though. Hopefully my questions are resonable and someone will be able to answer me (mostly about the falling apon zoning since that's the important one). Thanks everyone.

Drawde
03-06-2002, 09:19 PM
One way of avoiding death in zones like that (Everfrost is another) is to type #goto 0 0 0 or #flymode 1 as quickly as possible (you can't always do it in time though..). I'm currently trying to find safe starting points for all the zones, which would prevent this problem (the starting coordinates are in the zone struct in the DB)
I think the variance flag determines the chance of that particular spawn appearing (if there is more than one NPC type in a spawn group).
I've no idea how to fix the head texture for giants etc., that also happens to me. There is a "helmtexture" value for NPCs but it doesn't seem to be possible to specify it in #spawn.

Hmm
03-07-2002, 05:19 AM
other is #zone hkjh

make a hotkey to it heh