PDA

View Full Version : Vendors and starting items..?

mythren
03-06-2002, 06:52 PM
I downloaded a fully (or mostly..)spawned world from somewhere around here, don't remember exactly where, but thanks to whoever posted it!

Anyway, when I start a new character, they are naked, completely. When I open my server to a group of people I know, I want them to at least start with the rudimentary dagger/short sword/club and the 2 spells (if available for their class)...any way to do this?

Vendors. They have a menu to buy from, but no items, and you can't sell to them for some reason. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, also, are some Epics not in the game? I can't seem to locate the Enchanters, ShadowKnights, or Bards (Staff of the Shissar, Innoruuk's Curse, and Singing Steel Short Sword)...thoughts on this matter?

And another thing (sorry, just remembing these last 2 now :) ), is there a current way to set it so that players have no privelages such as #itemsearch or #summonitem ?

Thanks for any help!!

-Mythren, who finally got his server up and running :)

Drawde
03-06-2002, 09:29 PM
Starting items for each class would be a really useful feature but isn't in yet, however you can #summonitem the appropriate items fairly quickly. All the starting weapons, armour and scrolls have * in their name.

The new version of the world/spawn data (look on the development forum for a post with it) includes item lists for all merchants, however you can't buy or sell things due to a bug in the current EQEmu beta.

mythren
03-07-2002, 02:25 AM
Alrighty, thanks!

Any info on the Epics? I dunno if others can't be found, but I couldn't locate Innoruuk's Curse (SK), Singing Steel Short Sword (BRD), or the Staff of the Shissar (ENC).

And privelages? I don't want it so that anyone on my server can just summon up their epics the moment they log in, and zone into the Plane of Fear - anyway I can set them for absolutely 0 privelages? :)

Again, any help is appreciated!

TheClaus
03-07-2002, 02:29 AM
If they aren't in the DB then you can add them with WindCatchers EQAdmin tool.

Smartypus
03-07-2002, 04:19 AM
May I ask how to select the appropiate graphic?

mythren
03-07-2002, 06:31 AM
Exactly - I'd like the appropriate graphic models and effects :).

I dunno why they wouldn't be in the database, but for some reason I can't seem to locate them, and there might be others as well.

Anyone having any luck with this?

dayzedmadman
03-07-2002, 08:43 AM
you gotta scroll through the list of graphics, eventually you will run across something that is close to the name of the epic, but i'm pretty sure every weapon graphic is in, with the exception of luclin

mythren
03-07-2002, 11:20 AM
Where do you find the list of graphics?

Elemental
03-08-2002, 06:36 AM
Enchanter epic is in, it is called Staff of the Serpent though.

As to the list of graphics, it comes with the EQemu Admin. :) Just add a new record, set name, item number, choose an icon.. and there will be a place where you can select the graphic of the item when worn, it is labelled "Type/Visuals" ... scroll down in the list until you find Innoruuk's Curse or Singing Sword :) Add the appropriate stats, classes, races, and click commit changes. :)

irageon
11-28-2002, 09:41 AM
hmm, now I see on some shard new char with some items..
I have emu 0.3.13 but I have starting items table empty
resp. it contains some data ( race barbar/high elf and class shopkeeper have some items..)
my player character is not naked, but don't have any shield or sword.... a try write info to table but it is very long way and boring :( because here are too much classes and races and items what must have on start :))
...... then can anybody post here any sql file with starting items ?

btw > I have default sql where is 22kb long starting item table.. but if I try mysql use eq source starting.sql ..... some data is added (by mysql) and some data not........... but when I use admin tool , I se nothing is added... why ?

SnaxMan
11-29-2002, 02:09 AM
It's singing short sword, not singing steel.