PDA

View Full Version : A Complete Walkthrough to Making a LOCAL server

a_pond_sturgeon
05-08-2003, 06:54 AM
I know there are many posts and others great walkthroughs on the forums, but all of them are somewhat incomplete in my opinion, in some, there are excellent text walkthroughs but they dont provide links as to where you can download things you need in creating a server, such as DB's, where to get latest version of eqemu, what versions, minilogin, ect. But the point is there are good guides out there, but I think it is time to create one that is great, one with a detailed text walkthrough, and exact links to sites containing downloads. Now I am not here to provide one myself, but to ask others for their help to provide everyone with a recourceful and useful guide, thanks.

a_Guest03
05-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Provide one yourself :P There's a ton of them out there. If you're not satisfied, do the research and post your own version. The information changes so often that it's a pain in the ass to make what you request. It has been done enough times that most of us don't feel like doing it and updating it anymore. Lurker and Devlor have some kickass guides, and I think they keep them pretty up to date. If you don't know the answer, use mirc, connect to irc.eqemu.net, and ask your questions in the #eqemu room.

cannonalldex
06-30-2003, 04:59 AM
Why would you make a subject "A Complete Walkthrough to Making a LOCAL server" and not post a complete walkthrough. Its posts like this that people spend weeks searching for answers only to find a bunch of gossip. Think before you post.

Sincerely,
Fustrated about all the junk posts.

Merth
06-30-2003, 05:16 AM
Agreed.. Dunno why this is a sticky, either.