PDA

View Full Version : Translocating and GM commands

Dominatus
05-28-2003, 07:46 AM
Is it possible to use GM commands in a quest (such as "#guild set $name 2") and also , is it possible to translocate to specific spots in other zones? (ie: I would like to have 2 translocate destinations in one zone) Any info or resources I could check out would be greatly appreciated! :) I am in the process of setting up a specialty server and have run into a couple of problems with my implementation.

DeletedUser
05-31-2003, 08:47 AM
You could make new spells that have the effect of translocating people to the loc you want.

Raex_The_Overlord
05-31-2003, 08:26 PM
Is it possible to use GM commands in a quest (such as "#guild set $name 2") and also , is it possible to translocate to specific spots in other zones? (ie: I would like to have 2 translocate destinations in one zone) Any info or resources I could check out would be greatly appreciated! :) I am in the process of setting up a specialty server and have run into a couple of problems with my implementation.

guildwars has this I do believe...

DeletedUser
06-01-2003, 09:27 AM
Awhile ago, couple months it wasn't possible for quests to use command functions.

I was going to setup a thing that would set
#flymode 1 on you. But I was told it's not possible.

Might be changed now though.

Dominatus
06-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the responses guys! I think I may have found a work-around so I may not be needing that functionality anymore :-)

killspree
06-02-2003, 04:05 PM
else if (strstr(strlwr(arglist[0]),"movepc")) {
if (mob->IsClient())
mob->CastToClient()->MovePC((atoi(arglist[1])),(atoi(arglist[2])),(atoi (arglist[3])),(atoi(arglist[4])));
}

If you can compile the source, add that code to parser.cpp at about line 1694 - that'll let you input a function like this:

if($1 == "sebilis") { movepc("sebilis","x","y","z") }

X, Y, and Z is the location within the zone you want the player to be sent to - if need be, zone to that zone, find the spot you want to send them to, and target yourself. Now type #loc and input those coordinates into the quest script.

Saves you having to modify the spells file if you don't wanna create custom spells for your server. :)

used_pawn
06-03-2003, 12:31 AM
actually...the spells for translocating (at least the old 'boats arent working' gnomes) are in the spell list...if i remember they start with the words 'Portal to'

there are 2 of some of them, like Portal to Butcher...one takes you to normal dock, other takes you to dock with skiffs for kunark.

Im pretty sure those are the spells my gnomes use (hehe, the boats are kinda tough to get working for me)

killspree
06-03-2003, 07:55 AM
Yeah, but that command allows you to send people to places within zones that don't have TL locations, as well as to zones that don't have TL locations - gives you the advantage to create quests to get to closed off sections of zones or hard to get to sections without modifying the spells file.

Trumpcard
06-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Nice idea.. That is handy... Mind posting the changes to the eqemu development forum? A diff file against cvs is handy, but not necessary for an addition this small.

I like keeping them all there, so I can go through the threads and verify I've been able to apply any code fixes/updates there. It also
allows us to track if a change is applied that causes a problem later on that wasnt done by a traditional dev team member.

Dominatus
06-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Wow! thanks for the info. I'll add that section and recompile.

Any ideas on how to put a player into a specific guild via the current questing system?

thanks again for the help!

06-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Is parser.cpp part of a larger file? like world.exe? I wanna know, i'm installing VC++ and haven't had much experience with it (I have it because it was bundled with VB)...

06-07-2003, 08:07 PM
nevermind, it's part of Zone.exe...

06-07-2003, 08:11 PM
...compiled now, thanks

... You have to use a zone number and I ended up having to change the code:
else if (strstr(strlwr(arglist[0]),"movepc") && numargs == 4) {
client->MovePC((atoi(arglist[1])),(atoi(arglist[2])),(atoi (arglist[3])),(atoi(arglist[4])));
}