PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding EQemu without connecting...

1978 Camaro
06-05-2003, 08:11 AM
I'm not *extremely* literate when it comes to programming, encoding and all the fun stuff. I've dabbled limitedly with it, but for the most part - at least in reading and hearing discussion - I'm pretty much drawing a blank.

a) I do not wish to log onto a server with other players.

b) I do not wish to create a server for others to log onto.

c) I only want to explore/experiment - while on my own machine - without having to connect to a server.

My assumptions, from reading, are these: 1) That logging onto an EQemu server does not grant me admin properties (duh). 2) I need to build my own server to have administrative authority. // I would like to have administrative (more precisely; GM) authority and, without connecting to any server, play/explore on my own EQ (on my own machine).

So here is my question:

How do I mak EQ function without having to use any kind of connection, playing on my own machine and without hosting a server?

I just need a *straight* answer since I might seem confused :oops:. I apologize ahead of time for any inconvienience.

06-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Minilogin, readme and search function, have fun.

gej302
06-10-2003, 06:54 AM
In the most basic sense you must host a server (to serve exactly 1 person) so as the previous poster suggests, follow the instructions for your operating system and use the minilogin options. It's gonna run pretty slow if you are hosting it all on one machine and running the client too, unless you have one hoss of a machine.

Unless you are willing to actually read the readme/FAQ/tutorials/learn SQL, I'd recommend you just log into someone else's server (non-legit if you want the most exploration options). On a non-legit server you have access to GM type commands (including self-leveling, instant zones, summoning killer_leet_item_X etc... )

1978 Camaro
06-12-2003, 06:16 AM
Oh, i see. I read all the tutorials and FAQ and everything; just couldn't see the forest through the trees... if you know what I mean. Thank you for the info.

Sterbla
06-12-2003, 09:39 AM
Running server and client on the same 'puter works fine. Using EQW you can even load up multiple sessions of EQ to make your personal little group :p.

But watch out...on a 1.2GHz with a GF4 TI 4200 running more than 3 EQ sessions simultaneous will drop the framerate too low to enjoy the game. Also take notice that some zones are generally more "dia show"-like than others (Maiden's Eye and Ssra Temple are the ones that come to mind...god I hated raids in Ssra because playing a cleric doesn't allow for too much graphic lag if you're in a 10+ min CH chain (that was before the mod rod nerf)...).