PDA

View Full Version : I cant , other can .. (((

Roots
03-17-2002, 04:02 PM
Hello guys ,

I just install all the Wonderfull EQemu 2.5 . All goes fine ..
I start my world and 3 zone up .. All seem to be okay
On Gotfrags i sellect my server then click on enter .. Black screen (I see in world console :Logged in: LS#412: Accountname spamed 10 times .. Then come back to sellect screen ..

Someone got an idea ?

Roots

Roots
03-17-2002, 04:22 PM
<Roots> Hello guys ,
<Roots> I just install all the Wonderfull EQemu 2.5 . All goes fine ..
<Roots> I start my world and 3 zone up .. All seem to be okay
<Roots> On Gotfrags i sellect my server then click on enter .. Black screen (I see in world console :Logged in: LS#412: Accountname spamed 10 times .. Then come back to sellect screen ..
<Roots> Someone got an idea ?
<Roots> Roots
<Roots> Just a paste for ya +) Easyer P
<Hogie--> behind any type of firewall?
<Roots> I cant login , other can .. I run this in RH 7.2 .. The complie goes okay .. Btw i dont bug you more , Great job bro +)
<Roots> Yes but i try whitout
<Hogie--> how many public ip addresses do you have on your cablemodem?
<Roots> one
<Roots> 24.201.13.103 atm
<Roots> or
<Roots> Roots.dyndns.org
<Hogie--> that's why, trust me on this
<Roots> ?
<Hogie--> masquerading doesn't let your windows machine go out to the net then come back
<Hogie--> to connect to another one
<Hogie--> I had the same problem with mine when I had my old internet
<Hogie--> I couldn't play on my own
<Roots> dam
<Roots> so how i can do it ?
<Roots> Its better to put it on a other marchie + port foward ? (I do this on the old vers)
<Roots> Did i can say to emu : just lisen on 192.168.0.1 (Linux-BoX machine)
<Hogie--> You can't forward back into your network
<Hogie--> it isn't possible with the "routers" you buy at compusa and stuff, or a linux box.

Someone find a method to patchup that ?
You got an idea ?

Thank you.
Roots

ps:Thank you to Hogie ! SUPER CODER !

theCoder
03-18-2002, 03:23 AM
Possible solution 1: Compile the login source (possibly using -DMINI_LOGIN) and use that. I know this worked in 0.2.3. The problem is that 0.2.5 doesn't have login source (And I don't think 0.2.3 login will work). Maybe someone can find the login source...

Possible solution 2: Figure out what excatly the login server on gotfrags sends back when you want to connect to your login server. If it just sends back the worldaddress field your world server sent it from LoginServer.ini, then it shouldn't be too hard to make that your internal IP. However, that didn't seem to work with the limited tests I did with 0.2.4pr6. I worry that the login server on GotFrags sends back the IP address the world server used to connect to it (which is your external IP). If that's the case, I don't know if there's a way around that.

<edit reason="Just thought of this one">
Possible solution 3: use the compiled minilogin.exe on your windows box (the one with EQ). It should be possible to set this up to use the world server on your Linux box and vice versa. Unfortunately, this means that others can't log into your server, but they couldn't with minilogin anyway.
</edit>

Technically, there shouldn't be a problem using either IP address (internal or external). I know I don't have a problem accessing my webserver from an internal PC using the external address. But I've also seen some funny things happen with using the "wrong" interface.

btw, does anyone know what happened to version 0.2.4? We had several prereleases, but then skipped right to the 0.2.5 release....

TheClaus
03-18-2002, 03:51 AM
Well for now what I am going to do is setup the game using minilogin which does work. Then when I want to play i'll push my computer into my DMZ and viola. Just hate to have it like that.

Roots
03-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Ya , Good thank you for that .. I will check ..

Someone got an other idea ? (I take all can help me +)

Thank you guys +)

mbozio
03-21-2002, 11:24 PM
My network configuration is :
a linux box who has the internet connection and was acting like a routeur to share that connection to a private lan.

If my eqemu server run on my linux box, i have the very same problem.

Reading this thread, i move my eqemu server to another linux box that have his own internet connection but i get the very same problem again...

I tested my client and my database useing the Win32 eqemu with the same database and all is ok...

Any1 got an idear ?