PDA

View Full Version : Why referencing SSL lib files?

ScorpionX
06-12-2003, 11:05 AM
So I'm building world right now, and I am getting some wierd errors, I am thinking it's because I compiled mysql with ssl support, but here is a few of the errors I get:

: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x415): In function `vio_set_cert_stuff':
: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_check_private_key'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x450): In function `vio_set_cert_stuff':
: undefined reference to `ERR_print_errors_fp'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x498): In function `vio_set_cert_stuff':
: undefined reference to `ERR_print_errors_fp'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x4bc): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_STORE_CTX_get_current_cert'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x4c6): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_STORE_CTX_get_error'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x4ce): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_STORE_CTX_get_error_depth'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x4e9): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_get_subject_name'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x4f1): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_NAME_oneline'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x539): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_get_issuer_name'
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(viosslfactories.o)(.text+0x541): In function `vio_verify_callback':
: undefined reference to `X509_NAME_oneline'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [world] Error 1

so you can see it's a big mess. The point that it crashes is at,

gcc -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wbad-function-cast -Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wcomment -Wcast-align -Winline -Wno-deprecated -g -march=i586 -O -pthread -pipe -DFX -D_GNU_SOURCE -DINVERSEXY -DWORLD -DDEBUG=1 -DSHAREMEM -DCATCH_CRASH -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql ../common/EQNetwork.o ../common/timer.o ../common/database.o ../common/packet_dump.o ../common/races.o ../common/unix.o ../common/Mutex.o ../common/MiscFunctions.o ../common/serverinfo.o ../common/packet_functions.o ../common/classes.o ../common/TCPConnection.o ../common/eqtime.o ../common/crc32.o client.o net.o console.o zoneserver.o LoginServer.o ../common/md5.o ../common/dbcore.o ../common/dbasync.o ../common/EMuShareMem.o .obj/debug.o -rdynamic -L. -lstdc++ -lm -lz -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -ldl -o world

If anyone can give me some advice, that would be great. I know that the libs and include files are pointed to correctly. :?

PS I am on slackware 9, and gcc 3.2.2

Thanks much!
Scorps

ScorpionX
06-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Well, I recompiled my sql to run with out SSL support, but now several of my PHP programs arn't working. Is there any known issue with mysql using SSL? Right now I have two instances of mysql running, but I'd like to eliminate this... Just something interesting for the devs to play with.

Scorps

Bigpull
06-14-2003, 02:06 PM
You need to link against the SSL libs, you should beable to run 'mysql_config --libs' to find out exactly what it needs.

ScorpionX
06-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanks much! I can't believe I didn't think of that, it worked. thanks much for the help :D