PDA

View Full Version : eqw help

crush
01-22-2002, 01:05 PM
Hey guys-

I havent had a prob up until now -but here it goes,when i run eqw -->2.2 in my everquest dir it starts up but when i get the license agreement box pop up and hit i agree --an error message pops up --it says--CreateSurface(Primary)failed(88760091). then i hit ok and it closes. Any help would be nice-thanks ,and nice work all:)

crush
01-22-2002, 02:40 PM
Hey again-

Still cant get it going.Guess nobody knows of a fix -or possibly why eqw is doing this?Oh well hehe.

madborg
01-22-2002, 08:39 PM
I haven't responded because I have been too lazy to try eqw 2.2. How does it work with eqgame patchme?

n00b8472
01-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Well you don't really need EQW to connect to the emu.. eqgame patchme works just fine.

Zeitgeist
01-23-2002, 03:06 AM
honestly? I would check my directx installation. Install 8.1 if you haven't or reinstall if you have. Post again if problems persist.

Hack_attack
01-23-2002, 03:28 AM
Hello. I think i may be able to help you. see eqemu 2.2 was at one time for the real everquest only. and 2.1 was made for the emu. because the emu used a cupple dif files then the real everquest. but now that all you have to change the eqhost.txt in the everquest directory to connect to them 2.1 is no longer needed.
k anuf of the talk here is my question to you.
did you install the eqfix or lsfix. because 2.2 dose not work with them files installed.
if you have installed eqfix or lsfix then you should run the everquest.exe again and let it patch your software up to date with the new files.
if this dose not work you could also try unintalling everquest and then reinstalling it changing just the eqhost.txt so you can connect to the emu. and then add these files to your everquest directory. they come in the eqw.zip eqw.exe, eqwfix.exe,(not eqfix) and the .dll file that comes with it. and it should work now :P

Zeitgeist
01-23-2002, 04:17 AM
yeah the reason eqw 2.1 used to work is because of the version of directx used for the previous client vs the new client if i'm not mistaken. he brings up a good point -- the fix files are not needed for the 0.2.0 build so make sure you haven't extracted *fix.zip files or deleted anything. Having the incorrect dx dlls from the fix files could conceivably result in the error you are seeing.