PDA

View Full Version : Getting quests to work help needed.

harlequinred
06-15-2003, 02:09 PM
My server, as a whole, runs fine but I cannot for the life of me get quests to work at all. I've downloaded Telmet's most recent database and the quest file that was supplied. I've checked to make sure the NPC ids match the ones in the database. I made sure that I put the files in emulator/quest (emulator is the directory my emu stuff is in)

I've looked over all the posts in this forum. I've tired taking out the headers, I've tried taking out spaces... I've even coppied numerous examples used in this forum into the file and none of them worked either.

At this point i'm not even sure if it's looking for the file. Is there a way to turn on logging to check that?

I'm not using the CVS version. Do you know if that could be the problem?

Any other ideas? This is driving me nuts, no NPCs will respond to hails, or even attacking ( I tried EVENT_ATTACK trigger too) and it's driving me nuts.

Bug
06-15-2003, 03:56 PM
I've been having the same problem using the same database. From what I've seen some of the premade quests work, and others don't. When making my own quests, they don't work. My guess is that the problem has to do with

(a)The encoding options when saving a .qst file in notepad?
(b)Adding quest scripts to npcs that you have created?
or (c)Maybe even the lack of working factions in Telmet's DB?

The problem probably isn't any of these, but if I had to pick one that seems most likely, it would have to be (b). A way to experiment with this is add a quest script to an already existing mob that came with the DB, and see if that works. Not sure if I have any idea what I'm talking about, but it's something to test.

EDIT: After re-reading your post, I have a question for you. When you put the .qst files in the emulator\quests directory, do you put them in an appropriate folder in that directory with the short zone name (i.e. a quest for an npc in greater faydark would be in the directory: emulator\quests\gfaydark)?

mattmeck
07-07-2003, 12:06 AM
All the posts i have seen say to put the quests(using how i have it set up) C;\eqemu\quests well i have to have them in C:\eqemu\binary\quests for them to work.....hope that helps :wink:

Lurker_005
07-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Yea the directory structure was changed slightly in the 0.4.4 release.