PDA

View Full Version : How To Controll an NPC as a GM

Rrafle
06-19-2003, 01:53 AM
I Was Wundering If There Was A Command To Controlling An NPC AS EQLive GM's Do On Their Events and Such. If You Could Help Me Out With This That'd Be Great ! Thanks Much :D

Merth
06-19-2003, 01:56 AM
I haven't quite figured all the ins and outs of controlling an NPC, but here are the three commands I have used in the past:

#attack
#npccast
/becomenpc

06-27-2003, 08:12 AM
The last is usually what you would need to do for an event... just BECOME and npc so that you can control one (since you are the npc), too bad the emulated servers still show the pk tag... =/

EpicCamp
08-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Guide/GM's dont "control" NPC's in the sense you are asking about. At least for the events we're most familair with like the invasions where say named chickens kill people in Dreadlands or what not. Most GM Events are run with the GM/Guides *as* that "npc". As in they are looking threw its eyes and controlling it just like you would a player.

GM's at SoE create special characters for these guides to use and place them on the Guide's account. So like at Char Select you'd see "Jimbob_the_Warrior" and L40 or something. Then you log him in.

Then through the use of the /becomenpc command the server "flags" you as a true NPC. /becomenpc is like the #spawn command on emu in that you specify things like level limits (only Players 1-40 can hit you), texture, model, etc.

So they are really player characters that the server just "considers" an NPC through the use of /becomenpc

I'm not sure on EQEmu's ability to use /becomenpc though so i'm not sure if that is implemented ;)

DeletedUser
09-21-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure on EQEmu's ability to use /becomenpc though so i'm not sure if that is implemented

It is, but not bug free.

If you're going to do events, then just use #help and see what commands you have available. Your best bet is to play around with the commands for a few days to get the hang of what does what. I did that and I know them all from the back of my hand.. gg what a geek I am. :D