PDA

View Full Version : New Char Models argh!

uzzon
03-19-2002, 09:00 AM
Here's my GM char with the old and new model.........
Anyone really using the new models? I turned them off after a day. Motions are a joke hehe

Now I'll bribe Verant to set me up like that :D
(Smithed my own swords... 50dmg 3dly :rolleyes: )

Zio
03-19-2002, 09:15 AM
I disagree

I think the motion is more realistic then just standing there holding your blade straight up.

The size is more into RPG

The armor looks alot better.

But then again its my opinion not yours

Melissa
03-20-2002, 03:31 AM
I also have to disagree...and agree, The new models look alot nicer then the old ones, and the modeled armour also makes it more realistic looking, rather then just painting a skin on the model, although, the animation, mainly of running just looks bad, the old running animations were much better.

mythren
03-21-2002, 04:59 AM
I'd have to do the agree/disagree thing too.

I like the new Dark Elf models, but not the Woodelf.

I LOVE the new elementals, those are awesome, and the rest of the races I don't really have a preferance for - oooh, except Iksars, they look cooler with new models, but barbarian females can't see their feet with the new models, those things are VERY unproportional :).

Hmm
03-21-2002, 08:58 AM
yeah? i really hate new iksar models. they dont swim in cool way anymore. i cant tell if theyre male and female anymore ( no more spiky or 3 horns thing there :( )

generally they look cool but all ladies seem to have itch up ass when sitting, and whats up with that man's weird sitting? i liked orginial's normal sitting.

Shawn319
03-21-2002, 09:53 AM
I dont like the new models either.. but i DO like the new armor modeling (instead of flat textures)

TheClaus
03-21-2002, 12:45 PM
I would have to agree with Shawn. I could care less about the models but the new armor textures are nice. I love the robes. It just makes my wizard look alot better.

DeletedUser
04-06-2002, 07:13 AM
They just eat another 90% of your ram while playing EQ :)

Daint
04-08-2002, 11:46 PM
BTW, sorry for asking, but how do you get the helm model to show? Doesn't wanna show up on my char for some reason. Thanks,

Thules/Daintee

Baron Sprite
04-12-2002, 12:50 PM
I like the old models better, besides iksar and human woman.

stormgod
04-12-2002, 02:12 PM
like new models but not many animations (runing , sitting for mens ) and I dont like the new chestplaste for High Elves , they seems to have a big iron something and are unable to look their feets too

Calabeth
04-30-2002, 07:11 PM
I like most of the new models that they made xcept for the Half Elf Females. ( god those butts are huge now ) and the Armor designs on the Barbs. The Male Iksars Look WAY better now vs the Females and are alto easier to tell apart I think.

Baron Sprite
05-01-2002, 03:20 PM
the old human attack animations rock, the new human attack and monk special attacks look gimp. I don't know, the new models all just look very very odd to me... I think it would have been better if they just had kept the same models, but made the armor seperate, and allowed eye/face/beard/hair/ect editing.