PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

coldfire6
03-20-2002, 05:15 AM
How do i create "eq.starting_items"?

How do i create another account on my server? everytime i try to make and log in under a diff account i still end up logging in as eqemu..

what can i do under the "zone servers"and "zone server auth" tabs in eq admin.?

is there a web site that can give a brief tutorial on how to start building a world?

what should i have in the "database host" box in the pref. of eq admin?

kinda lost here...kinda need some guidence
any help is appreciated
:)

lacidar
03-20-2002, 05:34 AM
How do i create "eq.starting_items"?
If you used the new db.sql script, you already have it. The eqadmin tool does not support it yet. Just have to wait for the new release. You can edit it manually using mysql console or another mysql or ODBC editing tool.

How do i create another account on my server? everytime i try to make and log in under a diff account i still end up logging in as eqemu..
I assume you're using minilogin. It only supports login on account eqemu. If you want to use a different account, you'll have to connect to gotfrags login server.

what can i do under the "zone servers"and "zone server auth" tabs in eq admin.?
Not sure, haven't messed with these yet. Haven't had need to either.

is there a web site that can give a brief tutorial on how to start building a world?
Doubt it, unless Drawde or somebody started one?...

what should i have in the "database host" box in the pref. of eq admin?
127.0.0.1 or the ip on the machine the db is running on.

coldfire6
03-20-2002, 06:04 AM
Everytime i go in and create a character it errors and my world.exe read : "unable to find table eq.starting_items"

Then the next time i log in at the charc. select screen it says class name and lvl 0.

Then i cant log into the world or anything, which doesnt surprise me cause i havent don anything yet..

Dont really know how to use the command prompts or mysql to create anything yet, still trying to figure out EQAdmin...

Shawn319
03-20-2002, 06:20 AM
Everytime i go in and create a character it errors and my world.exe read : "unable to find table eq.starting_items"

Then the next time i log in at the charc. select screen it says class name and lvl 0.

Then i cant log into the world or anything, which doesnt surprise me cause i havent don anything yet..

Dont really know how to use the command prompts or mysql to create anything yet, still trying to figure out EQAdmin...

You didnt source the new db.sql. read the readme everytime theres a new version because it changes all the time. also re-source db.sql every release too because theres almost always changes there.

coldfire6
03-20-2002, 05:45 PM
Got everything working kinda sorta...

Where are my maps for eq? Under prefs. in EqAdmin it asks for a map directory... where would that be?

Where can I find lists for "MerchantID" "material" "class" and "weapon#"? for the #spawn command

How can i get my charcs. from falling from the sky when zoning or dying?

thanks all for your help so far :)

strychn
03-20-2002, 06:44 PM
the maps for the emuadmin tool are in the files section. look in the area where the eqemuadmin stuff is, it's tucked in there somewhere.

coldfire6
03-21-2002, 07:21 AM
Tried that already among a lot of other things, but whenever i go to the spawns tab in eqadmin it still has a black map with only x/y locs at combinations of 1's and 0's

Is it suppose to show a 2-d or 3-d version of the map where the black screen is?
And if so what do i use to get this?

strychn
03-21-2002, 11:11 AM
they are 2d maps, in the files section. put them in a directory, and in the preferences for the eqemu, change the map directory setting to point to where you have the maps. that should work.
:)
they for placing spawns...

coldfire6
03-21-2002, 01:41 PM
Unless your talking about showeq or zone converter, then i cant find what your talking about.

Now having trouble with multiple same npc spawns, and they r spawning in the wrong places :(

One snag after another...

strychn
03-21-2002, 03:12 PM
on the downloads page, where the eqadmin stuff is.....near one of the older admin vers there is a map zip.
look for EQEmu Admin Tool v2.1. right below it there is eqemu-admin-tool-maps.zip. grab that, extract to a dir, and in the preferences for the admin tool, point the map dir to that dir. then when you go to the spawns tab in the admin tool, you will have maps you can use to place spawns. very straight forward. if you cannot find it, you are either not looking in the right spot, or not looking hard enough...:)
heh