PDA

View Full Version : random quest rewards

Doomhead
08-19-2003, 12:23 PM
I was reading through the new quest system, and the scripting seems very similar to the PERL scripting that I do so I am right at home for making quests with this system (as soon as dev team comes out with 0.5.0 so I will try it out with current eqlive client)

I had 2 things that came to mind while reading through the posts.

1.) Is there a way to generate random numbers? This would allow me to make quests with random rewards. 1 quest I can think of on EQLive is in Southern Ro. NPC is an orc. Don't remember the NPC name but what you do is give him 30 gold pieces and you get some random spells scrolls (sometimes unusable scroll) and faction increases.

2.) I would like to be able to check a certain skill level of the one who triggered the event. For example, I want to make some tradeskills quests that will increase skills for item turnins. I want to make these quests "trivial" so you have to turn in better or higher items for higher tradeskill increases. Or to make quests where you need a certain level of a skill to activate the quest.

Doomhead
09-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Hmm, guess no one knows how to do this. Guess this would be a feature request for future release if one of the admins would be so kind as to move this topic to the appropriate board.

Scorpious2k
09-04-2003, 10:04 AM
There is a random function...

You might want to check out the quest tutorial info on our website. I beleive it has the most up-to-date info on the quest scripting...

its in the info/docs area. This link is in my sig.

Hope it helps

Eglin
11-26-2003, 10:51 PM
1.) Is there a way to generate random numbers?
2.) I would like to be able to check a certain skill level of the one who triggered the event.
Both are trivial to do with the new perl support.