PDA

View Full Version : Same story, different decade...

Trumpcard
04-02-2002, 07:26 AM
This sounds exactly like the same ol' smack they used against D&D back in the early 80's... Least they're not accusing Everquest of leading to devil worship...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/mar02/31536.asp

Hardarac
04-02-2002, 09:17 AM
Whilst I and I would think every sane person has every sympathy fot this lady and her family it is abolute bulldish to suggest that Everquest is the reason the boy killed himself.

He died whilst the stability of his mind was under stress.

MANY things cause this.

Sony and Verant should however be a little more open with the grieving family and tell them if the names she is claiming to have found are part of the game fabric or that of users people or emplyees within it.

This is as you say Trumpy another example of the "moral minority" (or "bunch of mindless yankee t0zzers" as they are sometimes known in the UK) trying to force their own agenda on what is after all a VERY profitable idea.

Let us hope that commonsnse prevails.

That is my 2 pennyworth

Marv.

_OZZY_
04-02-2002, 05:21 PM
I'm addicted to Dr. Pepper. I think I'll go kill myself now. Ya'll go and sue the Dr. Pepper Company claiming it made me commit suicide. I mean, I sacrifice everything just for my Dr. Pepper. I ignore my cats, my friends, etc. It's like an addiction.

Seriously...just goes to show you how sue-happy people are today. I told everyone I know that if they sue someone because of my death, I'd haunt them for eternity. What's sad is that people actually get money from suits like this. Remember the McDonald's suit where someone spilled hot coffee on them. Hell...it was COFFEE...before they started feezing it...it was SUPPOSED to be hot. Yet, they walked away millionaires. So sad.... And, don't get me wrong, I can't stand SOE, but they don't deserve this. They're probably gonna settle out of court with the woman just to shut her up.

Zeitgeist
04-05-2002, 03:40 AM
The saddest parts are:

1. The guy was diagnosed as schizophrenic and epileptic and his parents let him quit his job to play EQ full time eheh...

2. What more do you need? This is sad enough as it is.