PDA

View Full Version : cannot get packetcollector to populate textfiles nor upload

AverageJoe
10-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Hello,

I recently found this site and am quite interested by your project. My main interest is the packetcollector and I was hoping to contribute to the db, however, I cannot get it to work properly.

I've used lucy's item collector without issue, so winpcap is up and running fine. When I run your packetcollector, I get the following data:

Error: InflatePacket: inflate() returned -3 'unknown compression method'
0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - DA 00 55 06 01 01 0E 00 | ..........U.....
16: 00 FD 00 00 00 CB 21 0C - 1C 01 00 00 01 00 00 00 | ......!.........
32: 64 00 00 00 74 20 08 9C - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 EC | d...t ..........
48: A1 0C 00 00 00 00 6D 00 - 00 00 40 26 97 3F 02 0C | ......m...@&.?..
64: 00 00 00 00 6E 00 00 00 - 40 26 97 3F 0C 00 00 00 | ....n...@&.?....
80: 00 6F 00 00 00 40 26 97 - 3F 26 20 00 CB 21 0C 1C | .o...@&.?& ..!..
96: 01 00 00 01 00 00 00 64 - 50 17 1E 03 21 01 00 E7 | .......dP...!...
112: 21 88 0A 00 00 00 41 6C - 63 68 6F 00 00 00 00 00 | !.....my_char_name_here.....

It then displays info about my guild, including guild MOTD. So, it leads me to believe it is working, however, I then get:

Decompression failure: Must be running at time of zone entry!
Error: size > left (size=139, left=32, opcode=0x20f8). Dumping remains:
0: 00 8B 00 17 00 0A 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 C7 | ................
16: 42 00 00 00 00 E7 00 00 - 00 00 CD 02 00 00 2D A8 | B.............-.

Error: size > left (size=54, left=32, opcode=0x20f8). Dumping remains:
0: 00 36 00 05 00 15 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 | .6..............
16: 42 00 00 00 00 E7 00 00 - 00 00 CD 02 00 00 15 9C | B...............

Now, if I run packetcollector before zoning, I get tons of those 'must be running...' messages, over and over. I only get that msg once, right after I zone. Then, I keep getting those 'error: size > left' type messages, over and over. When I hit ctrl-C I get:

Got signal: 2
Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: 'items@cpe-my-i-
p-here.my.domainname.org' (Using password: YES)
Not connected. Cannot upload items.
Not connected. Cannot upload texts.

I then check the txt files that are made and they're empty. I figure the fail to upload might be that you guys are releasing a new version and needed to change acts/pwds, but why don't the txt files get populated?

I tried everything, between sending links to my char via tells as well as hitting bazaar and normal NPC vendors in bazaar. I also zoned to 'the nexus' to no avail.

I run packetcollectore -d # my.ip.add.ress for my internal network. I have to specify -d else it grabs the firewire adapter. I tried using my external IP address, but it doesn't show anything on the screen for output. I have a run of the mill, cheap-ass internet gateway off my cable modem.

Any help, would be most appreciated!
-Me

Merth
10-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Packet collector hasn't yet been released for the network protocol introduced by the Oct 9 patch. Once that it released, it looks like it will work just fine with your setup.

AverageJoe
10-23-2003, 01:15 AM
Merth,

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear I'm not going crazy, hehe. I guess I managed to miss that the packetcollector was broken due to the oct 9th patch, guess I figured it was just the server code that was broken, now I know better!

Doodman
10-23-2003, 06:35 AM
I'm finishing up the new packetcollector. To address you exact points:

Error: InflatePacket: inflate() returned -3 'unknown compression method'
There is a bug in PC where it could process packets out of order therefore breaking sync with the encryption. I figured out (with help from some of the ShowEQ guys) how to fix it and am in the process of doing so.

I figure the fail to upload might be that you guys are releasing a new version and needed to change acts/pwds

Correct, we do this when the db changes so that existing PC's in the field will not corrupt the data.

but why don't the txt files get populated?

One of two reasons, if it was never sync'd up it will not see items/texts. You should see lines like "New Item: Blahblah (222)" if it "sees" new items. Texts actually need to be read (right clicking on the book/scroll from main inv) to be added.. You'll see "New Text: (xxx) blahblah" when it sees one.

AverageJoe
10-23-2003, 08:26 AM
Damn,

This is great. I feel like I paid for support or something with all the feedback to my newb post! :lol:

Thanks for the info, makes sense to me, also good to hear you guys are getting help when needed! I'm glad to hear some of the ShowEQ folks are sharing their knowledge.

If anyone has some time, I was curious about the items below. I understand you guys don't have a lot of free time to answer dumbass questions... and you've already made my day with the prior two posts! Yes, I'm that easy to please (even my wife says so!).

This is semi-off topic, but I was curious if there are any plans to add the zone items come from? Obviously, this is a no-go for linked items, as the DB would show everything in the game dropping in the Bazaar :) However, looted items would validate where items drop and I figure as some point most of the items would be looted by people running your PC. I ask, because of items like 'a lucid shard' which drop in 10 different zones. It is only via the lore, that I'm able to figure out the zone.

My plan is to have a VT key tracker up on my webpage, among other things, to help the guild keep track of players' progress. I guess I was looking for ideas perhaps? I guess I could keep a seperate table of id + zone info and cross-reference that. I realize this is most likely out of the scope of your goals (eq emu), but figured I'd throw it in, as, heck, I have no clue how eq emu can figure out which ones to place in what zone, hehe.

My last annoying question, I promise, but once I imported the DB into my MySQL server I notice a 'problem' with some of the items 'name' fields. When I do a query for 'fine steel rapier' it returns 1 match. However, if I search for 'fine steel rapier\0' I get another, different match. I mainly write in VB6, but have this problem from the MySQL CC v0.9.3beta as well. I had noticed this with the 'a lucid shard' items in the prior released DB, though it was 'fixed' this revision and those no longer terminate with '\0'. I'm far from a DB mastermind and have solely worked with MS SQL server (access and other wanna-be databases as well) and have never bumped into this.

Thanks again!

Zewt
10-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Not sure what you are saying about the VT key pieces, so do you know the shards names in the lore text identify the differences?

Here are the corresponding zones for the Lore names.

The Grey (Kel)
Fungus Grove (Dat)
Scarlet Desert (Set)
The Deep (Raf)
Ssra Temple (Vin)
Akheva Ruins (Dax)
Dawnshroud Peaks (Lor)
Maidens Eye (Tak)
Acrylia Caverns (Ved)
Sanctus Seru (Kelara)

ie:
name: A Lucid Shard
lore: *Set

Shard comes from Scarlet Desert.

I wrote a program for guilds using my GMS to track all keys and items of use, originally a few years ago. But obviously this is something that is always in flux.

AverageJoe
10-24-2003, 08:46 AM
Zewt,

The idea is that I know what zone someone is in (reading their logfile), I know they looted 'a lucid shard'. Now, the problem is figuring out the ID of the proper shard. The logfile does not say they looted the 'set' shard or anything like that. The eqemu database doesn't seem to have any zone info for where that shard drops, so, I'm kinda out of luck.

An obvious workaround is to keep a list and if they loot 'a lucid shard' in Maiden's Eye, then I point to to the ID of that item. However, I was thinking of tracking other items, which also have multiples. Unfortunately, the lore field doesn't always allow you to figure out which of the items is the one that you want.

I was mainly curious if there were any plans to add zone info or something of that sort. I've never run an eqemu server, so I dunno how people populate their mobs with the proper items from the DB.

Thanks!

Zewt
10-24-2003, 09:56 AM
Each shard has a unique ID, which of course relates to the zone it comes from, which is also defined by the lore text.

So when you say you are reading the log file you mean the log file that is generated by EQ, in text I assume. That of course does not hold that informtion.

But you would know what zone it was in thus you would know what shard it is.

For example if I loot a shard in XXX zone I know that shard is Set, ID #22187. Not sure what else you are looking for.

The Grey (Kel)
Fungus Grove (Dat)
22187 Scarlet Desert (Set)
The Deep (Raf)
Ssra Temple (Vin)
Akheva Ruins (Dax)
22191 Dawnshroud Peaks (Lor)
Maidens Eye (Tak)
Acrylia Caverns (Ved)
22194 Sanctus Seru (Kelara)

I didnt take the time to look up all the IDs, but you get the idea I hope.