EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Updated Solo Server Package (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42039)

bigwhitebuddha 05-01-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djeryv (Post 264870)
Which NPCs specifically?

These are the following NPC's:

Sister Talsir, Shokar, Greska, Bresta, Frakla, Peshir, Annabe, Martal, Nebris, Ruskal, Ortizk, Evalla, Xeryth, Catala

djeryv 05-01-2020 10:05 AM

I just talked to Frakla with no issue. Do you have the perl scripts in your quests/global folder?

bigwhitebuddha 05-01-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djeryv (Post 264872)
I just talked to Frakla with no issue. Do you have the perl scripts in your quests/global folder?

Yes, I do. I downloaded the scripts again, and placed them into my global folder, just in case. I am still encountering the same issue.

djeryv 05-01-2020 10:27 AM

Can you talk to any of the artisans or arcanums in town? Do they show you any items you can buy from them?

bigwhitebuddha 05-01-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djeryv (Post 264874)
Can you talk to any of the artisans or arcanums in town? Do they show you any items you can buy from them?

I am able to speak to the Emerald Eye Sage, but I cannot buy from the artisan or the arcanum. I can speak to them though

djeryv 05-01-2020 10:37 AM

Then I would guess that you don't have Perl installed with the Perl DBI (Database Integration) so plugin::LoadMysql(); works correctly. Can you verify that is installed? I am now also guessing you are running a Windows server?

bigwhitebuddha 05-01-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djeryv (Post 264876)
Then I would guess that you don't have Perl installed with the Perl DBI (Database Integration) so plugin::LoadMysql(); works correctly. Can you verify that is installed? I am now also guessing you are running a Windows server?

I am running a windows server. I have the "Perl Package Manager" installed (I believe this is Activeperl Build 1204), but I am unfamiliar with "Perl DBI".

djeryv 05-01-2020 10:42 AM

I run a Linux server...but I think you need to open the package manager and make sure something like this is installed:

DBD:mysql

bigwhitebuddha 05-01-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djeryv (Post 264878)
I run a Linux server...but I think you need to open the package manager and make sure something like this is installed:

DBD:mysql

I found something similar (DBD-mysql). I installed the package, and restarted the server. Still not working ATM.

djeryv 05-01-2020 10:51 AM

This is older info I found, but make sure these are installed in Perl:

DBI
DBD-MYSQL - you stated you just did this one.
IO-STRINGY

bigwhitebuddha 05-01-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwhitebuddha (Post 264879)
I found something similar (DBD-mysql). I installed the package, and restarted the server. Still not working ATM.

I have gotten it to work! I installed the following packages from the perl package manager:

DBD-mysql
DBD-mysqlPP
MySQL-RunSQL

I appreciate the help in this issue. I am fairly newer to all of this, and it helps to have a community like this!

Zia 05-24-2020 07:25 PM

How does one install those things in the new Strawberry release? It does not seem to have any package manager but CPAN, which I apparantly do not understand.

djeryv 05-25-2020 10:12 AM

What does this have to do with the solo server package?

Zia 05-25-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djeryv (Post 265076)
What does this have to do with the solo server package?

It has to do with the new 64-bits installer. It comes with Strawberry Perl instead of ActivePerl.

djeryv 05-25-2020 06:12 PM

Oh...so nothing to do with the solo server package. Perhaps try a different part of the forums for your specific installation issue. This solo server package is a series of perl scripts and MySQL queries that alter the server after it is installed and working successfully. If you cannot get a server to even run properly, you shouldn't worry about this package yet.