EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   EQEmu Operations Center (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=679)
-   -   Issue with EOC (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41931)

TheTillan 06-06-2018 09:02 PM

Issue with EOC

My problem is a little more complex. I travel 100% for work. My internet is always a hotel isp.

I run my traffic through AirVPN and I'm trying to get my database to work with EOC.

I used Akkadius server installer. I have been setting up my server, and was able to get everything working and logged a char in, assigned GM rights.

-Firewall is open for port 3306. Cookies enabled, java enabled.
-User has been created as per wiki with updated IP. Have created user a few times.
-Have messed with # of connections per hour (default is 0; root is 0) I raised those to 999, could not connect.

Because I cannot port forward on the hotel router, I have to port forward on my VPN. The VPN will not allow me to port forward "3306" to "3306". It assigns a number for the external port and forwards the traffic to 3306 on my local PC. Example:

VPN Info: (numbers randomly generated for demonstration purposes)

Generated port: 111555
Protocol: TCP & UDP
Local Port: 3306
Mapped to Public IP: 199.222.222.1
Forwarded to Local IP: 10.0.0.1
TCP Test : Good

Canyouseeme.org shows 111555 good, 3306 no good (I believe this is working as it's supposed to.)

My thought process after this was to set the server up through 111555 instead of 3306.

My eqemu_config file:

{
"server" : {
"chatserver" : {
"host" : "",
"port" : "7500"
},
"database" : {
"db" : "peq",
"host" : "localhost",
"password" : "eqemu",
"port" : "3306",
"username" : "root"
},
"mailserver" : {
"host" : "",
"port" : "7500"
},
"qsdatabase" : {
"db" : "peq",
"host" : "localhost",
"password" : "eqemu",
"port" : "3306",
"username" : "root"
},
"webinterface" : {
"port" : "9081"
},
"world" : {
"http" : {
"enabled" : "true",
"mimefile" : "mime.types",
"port" : "9080"
},
"key" : "ad9dzL4ccStrZi2JFVlZ8JPw1lqaips",
"loginserver1" : {
"account" : "",
"host" : "login.eqemulator.net",
"legacy" : "1",
"password" : "",
"port" : "5998"
},
"loginserver2" : {
"account" : "",
"host" : "127.0.0.1",
"password" : "",
"port" : "5998"
},
"longname" : "TomsEQ - PvP - In Beta",
"shortname" : "TomsEQ",
"tcp" : {
"ip" : "127.0.0.1",
"port" : "9001"
},
"telnet" : {
"enabled" : "true",
"ip" : "0.0.0.0",
"port" : "9000"
}
},
"zones" : {
"defaultstatus" : "0",
"ports" : {
"high" : "7400",
"low" : "7000"
}
}
}
}

Within the config file, I replaced database and qsdatabase with port 111555 instead of 3306.

Once this is done, when I run start server, I cannot connect to MySQL dbase through root:localhost:111555.

-I have messed with firewall permissions for the VPN port (inbound/outbound). Had no luck, disabled rule.
-I have right clicked MySQL client from desktop and gone to the ini file. It reads:

[mysqld]
datadir=C:/Program Files/MariaDB 10.0/data
port=3306
sql_mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTI ON"
default_storage_engine=innodb
innodb_buffer_pool_size=753M
innodb_log_file_size=50M
bind-address = *
[client]
port=3306

I added in "bind-address = *" early in the troubleshooting process.

I have tried changing these ports to the VPN port 111555, does not work. I believe this file is overridden by eqemu_config file anyway.

This is almost futile because I can't get the server working on VPN port and I can't adjust 3306 on router, but when I do try and login from EOC I'm using the following login information:

199.222.222.1 (VPN public IP)
peq
eoc_database_user
************ (pw assigned)

I have been focusing on this issue for awhile now and feel a bit scattered. I'm going to regroup, and was hoping I could get help from the community. I'm not a professional networking or computer science guru, but I can usually follow instructions and get things working.

Please help! :D

Thank you

Edit: I am interested in hosting the eqemu server remotely. Is there a proven site that works with hosting servers that I should look for?