EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   log in point reset after camping (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43177)

ColoradoDerek 02-05-2021 09:23 PM

Hello.

I got my server running, but for some reason, when I log out of a character and log back in, the start point is reset (in my case, it's going back to gloomingdeep mines)

How do i set it so that it logs me in where I logged out last?

Thanks!

joligario 02-05-2021 11:27 PM

On the character select screen, are you unchecking tutorial?

ColoradoDerek 02-06-2021 01:31 AM

Hello.

I do not have an option to choose the tutorial or not.
I am using the Titanium client.
I also noticed that on the char select screen I have 2 "enter world" buttons kind of stack on top of each other. same with the other button on that screen.

I Have my char set to status 255, and i have #zone to poknowledge, but when I log out and log back in, my char is at gloomingdeep again.

does this not happen to other people??

i always thought when I camped out it would save where I was logged in at??

Do I need to use a different client?
This is also the client I use to connect to P99, is that possibly causing a problem here?

Thanks for any help.

It's not going to be very fun if Every time I want to log into the game I have to start in gloomingdeep LOL

ColoradoDerek 02-06-2021 02:09 AM

I'd guess my "enter world" button is doing "enter tutorial" instead.
I was able to transfer one char to PoKnowledge and then when i used "/camp" instead of "/camp desktop" it took me to the char select screen where the buttons looked normal and in the right alignment, but and then when I clicked "enter world" it would actually log me back to PoKnowledge.

After I closed the client though, and re-opened it, my char was back in gloomingdeep again.

I'm downloading the RoF2 ciient now and going try that.

I thought that a fresh install of eqemu could use the titanium client, and it DOES work, but maybe that is the problem?

We will find out soon I guess. once this new client downloads.

Huppy 02-06-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDerek (Post 266068)
I do not have an option to choose the tutorial or not.
I am using the Titanium client.
I also noticed that on the char select screen I have 2 "enter world" buttons kind of stack on top of each other. same with the other button on that screen.

Sounds like your Titanium client is corrupted/buggered. Get rid of it, lol

ColoradoDerek 02-09-2021 11:03 AM

Thank you for the replies guys.
It did turn out to be a bad install of my client (well not bad, but configured for another server)

Once I used a fresh install of RoF2 (and I'm betting if I did a new install of Titanium it would have worked too) everything was working as expected.

Thank you!