EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   Perl Plugins/Mods & Wiki Updates (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38078)

Akkadius 04-19-2014 06:02 AM

Perl Plugins/Mods & Wiki Updates

Spent the full past two days going through every single Perl plugin and cleaning it up for ease of public consumption. The Plugins repository has been fully updated and cleaned up completely. Many plugins have been updated and full examples ready to make it easy for people to reference.

All plugins have been updated and fully documented: HERE (Perl Plugin Master Reference)

New Plugins/Mods

Happy developing

Mariomario 05-17-2014 07:59 PM

Maruqee

Looking for a little help with the marquee messaging. Attempting to use the plugin gave failed results so I attempted to make sure it was in the client_message.pl under the plugin folder. It wasn't so I added the needed code in.

I have found that the error seems to be coming from the SendMarqueeMessage function regardless. It is definitely within my source under the client.cpp

Code:

void Client::SendMarqueeMessage(uint32 type, uint32 priority, uint32 fade_in, uint32 fade_out, uint32 duration, std::string msg)
{
        if(duration == 0 || msg.length() == 0) {
                return;
        }

EQApplicationPacket outapp(OP_Marquee, sizeof(ClientMarqueeMessage_Struct) + msg.length());
        ClientMarqueeMessage_Struct *cms = (ClientMarqueeMessage_Struct*)outapp.pBuffer;

cms->type = type;
        cms->unk04 = 10;
        cms->priority = priority;
        cms->fade_in_time = fade_in;
        cms->fade_out_time = fade_out;
        cms->duration = duration;
        strcpy(cms->msg, msg.c_str());

QueuePacket(&outapp);
}

Even using something as simple as below will result in only the NPC sending the first Test message and nothing after. Is there something wrong with the marquee message function in my source or am I just over looking something extremely simple?

Code:

sub EVENT_SAY
{
        $client->Message(15,"Test");

$client->SendMarqueeMessage(15, 510, 1, 100, 3000, "Testing");

$client->Message(15,"Test2");
}

Akkadius 05-17-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariomario (Post 230569)
Looking for a little help with the marquee messaging. Attempting to use the plugin gave failed results so I attempted to make sure it was in the client_message.pl under the plugin folder. It wasn't so I added the needed code in.

I have found that the error seems to be coming from the SendMarqueeMessage function regardless. It is definitely within my source under the client.cpp

Code:

void Client::SendMarqueeMessage(uint32 type, uint32 priority, uint32 fade_in, uint32 fade_out, uint32 duration, std::string msg)
{
        if(duration == 0 || msg.length() == 0) {
                return;
        }

EQApplicationPacket outapp(OP_Marquee, sizeof(ClientMarqueeMessage_Struct) + msg.length());
        ClientMarqueeMessage_Struct *cms = (ClientMarqueeMessage_Struct*)outapp.pBuffer;

cms->type = type;
        cms->unk04 = 10;
        cms->priority = priority;
        cms->fade_in_time = fade_in;
        cms->fade_out_time = fade_out;
        cms->duration = duration;
        strcpy(cms->msg, msg.c_str());

QueuePacket(&outapp);
}

Even using something as simple as below will result in only the NPC sending the first Test message and nothing after. Is there something wrong with the marquee message function in my source or am I just over looking something extremely simple?

Code:

sub EVENT_SAY
{
        $client->Message(15,"Test");

$client->SendMarqueeMessage(15, 510, 1, 100, 3000, "Testing");

$client->Message(15,"Test2");
}

You need to have all of the current opcodes, latest source and latest plugins repo and you can simply use marquee messages as simply as:

plugin::MM("Message"); or use manual arguments with $client->SendMarqueeMessage();