EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Guildlobby redirect Issue (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41394)

bakajikara 06-18-2017 03:07 AM

Guildlobby redirect Issue

Hi can some tell me what do so this will stop happen when I zone to guildlobby it is very annoying?

Invalid Zone(344:0): You will be redirected to the proper instance in 10 seconds.

Nightrider84 06-18-2017 08:57 PM

You "CAN" change it...But I wouldn't. So when they came out with the newer version of the client ROF ect the old guild lobby had a door glitch that caused the entrance doors to the zones to disappear inside. So you get redirected to the new instance that lets you zone out. If you remove the code for the guild lobby zone to force it to not change instances. you will get stuck there unless you can teleport out.

Nightrider84 06-18-2017 08:59 PM

Because there are Old "titanium" and new client's on the servers we need to keep both instances running so the new clients dont get stuck in the old instance that they can't leave. The live servers updated all their clients to the new client so they made it so your zoned into the new zone automatically without the redirect crap

Kingly_Krab 06-18-2017 09:36 PM

Check your player.pl code in quests/guildlobby.

bakajikara 06-19-2017 03:01 AM

SO i have deal with the redirects that sucks as i wished i could do away that and yes i am using rof2

Kingly_Krab 06-19-2017 06:10 PM

Like I said, look in your player.pl in quests/guildlobby. You can remove the redirect.

bakajikara 06-19-2017 07:13 PM

I have tried i dont know what remove and when i remove my GH doors break so i am lost what do

Kingly_Krab 06-19-2017 07:40 PM

Post your player.pl and I will revise it for you. Doesn't seem like English is your first language, am I correct?

belvino 03-06-2019 06:32 PM

Is there a way to just make you zone straight into the working instance for new clients? The server i'm working on i'm using just ROF2 client.

Huppy 03-06-2019 07:56 PM

In your quests/guildlobby/player.pl file, all you really need is this. (rename your original) then save this as the player.pl
Code:

sub EVENT_CLICKDOOR {
        if($doorid == 2 || $doorid == 4 || $doorid == 40 || $doorid == 42) {
                if($uguild_id > 0) {
                        if (defined($qglobals{"ginstance$uguild_id"})) {
                                $guildinstance = $qglobals{"ginstance$uguild_id"};
                                quest::AssignToInstance($guildinstance);
                                quest::MovePCInstance(345, $guildinstance, -1.00, -1.00, 3.34);
                        } else {
                                $guildinstance = quest::CreateInstance("guildhall", 1, 86400);
                                quest::AssignToInstance($guildinstance);
                                quest::setglobal("ginstance$uguild_id",$guildinstance,7,"H25");
                                quest::MovePCInstance(345, $guildinstance, -1.00, -1.00, 3.34);
                        }
                }
          } elsif((($doorid >= 5) && ($doorid <= 38)) ||  (($doorid >= 43) && ($doorid <= 76))) {
                $client->OpenLFGuildWindow();
          }
}

belvino 03-07-2019 09:17 AM

Unfortunately when I'm bound in the guild lobby and die it put me in the older guild instance where the doors don't work for ROF clients. Also if i port in it does the same unless i use the throne of heroes aa.

Huppy 03-07-2019 04:23 PM

Ya, if you're going to get into things like binding yourself inside the lobby, then things will get glitched. Something I have actually done in the past was eliminate the instanced version of the lobby period which can be done with the RoF2 client, if you have, (or can get) the older zone files for guild lobby and guild hall.(for example, from a UF client). Backup the original zone files from RoF, and replace them with the older version zone files. Then you can point the lobby door to the non-instanced version. (guild hall doors work too).
That can be done by script (player.pl in poknowledge quest folder), or in the doors table in database. That kind of configuration is good for any server who wants to have all clients (including RoF) zone into the same lobby. For my own preferences, I always tried to use the doors table as much as possible without scripts, whenever possible. Many port spells can have their destination adjusted in the spells_new table, but also through global scripts. There is a smorgasboard of options available for customization.

belvino 03-07-2019 05:34 PM

Thanks for the info again Huppy.

FievelMousey 03-07-2019 05:46 PM

on Stormhaven this not a issue even if bound there and no ideal how he did it.