EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::General Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   Lootfest (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42081)

Equable Dischord 09-10-2018 04:42 PM

Lootfest

Bummer, I take a hiatus for a bit because of work and return to find it gone. I really liked it there and would have happily donated monthly to keep it afloat.

Equable Dischord - Tholuxe Paells

Splose 09-10-2018 05:11 PM

Not sure what happened to it.. was a bit sad to see it gone as well.

Equable Dischord 09-10-2018 09:29 PM

Perhaps they simply got burnt out. I know they put an ungodly enormous amount of effort into it. Still, should anyone who ran it happen to look here, I meant it when I said that I'd gladly donate regularly to see it up and running again.

Splose 09-10-2018 09:35 PM

I believe Akkadius was hosting it.. maybe try an get with him on the Discord and see if he knows what happened or can contact the owner.

Kingly_Krab 09-10-2018 09:56 PM

Lack of time, motivation, and work is what lead to its demise. I worked on it near the end and personally rewrote every script, plugin, and even tried to update the source, but I didn't have the access to do it. But then the server went down unexpectedly with all of the changes I had made being reverted back to their previous state as though the server was restored to a backup. I'm not really sure if anyone has a copy or anything lying around, but Akkadius is your only hope.

Uleat 09-10-2018 10:19 PM

Help me Akka-Wan Diusi, you're my only hope!

Akkadius 09-11-2018 12:19 PM

Just because I hosted it doesn't mean I actually ran the server, I hadn't heard from the guy in ages

Equable Dischord 09-11-2018 01:33 PM

All right, now that I have people's attention let's talk turkey. If it is feasible, how much would it cost per month to bring that thing back up? I'm serious. and as a show of good faith I'll even make a down payment.

Equable Dischord 09-11-2018 01:39 PM

I realize that this is a total shot in the dark, but that server was something special and I would love to see it live again. I was always in awe of how much effort it must have taken.

Equable Dischord 09-13-2018 07:54 PM

Ah well, it was worth a shot.

Kingly_Krab 09-14-2018 10:37 AM

Server is dead. Admins gave up. The end. Sorry.

atrayas 09-14-2018 05:28 PM

You could always recreate it with your own vision. The server itself was pretty straightforward, nothing that couldn't be replicated. That's the beauty of eqemu, everyone has the power to be creative.

Equable Dischord 09-17-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atrayas (Post 260175)
You could always recreate it with your own vision. The server itself was pretty straightforward, nothing that couldn't be replicated. That's the beauty of eqemu, everyone has the power to be creative.

Well said there. I've already started writing my ideas down. The last thing I want to do is be a carbon copy of it, but I'm going to borrow some of his ideas. The fabled mobs and the augments were bad ass, as well as the customized zones. If only I could get a copy of it. ;-)
I have a Xeon-powered Dell PowerEdge T130 server I intend to use and a fairly kick ass amount of bandwidth.