EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   Windows Server Repack (EQEmu Akka's PEQ Repack) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38836)

Akkadius 09-27-2014 03:55 AM

Windows Server Repack (EQEmu Akka's PEQ Repack)

Day after day, I see so many threads of people having issues with their servers and trying to get one started or struggling to get a solid base together.

With all of my 7 years of expertise I have compiled a very precise, simple solution to getting a base PEQ server up and running and it takes as little as 2-5 minutes to install and get off the ground. It took a lot of time to get this repack right but here it is for all to use.

Enjoy - Please post if you have used this and share how easy it was for you.

For more information see below:

Download Page: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...epack&frm=Main

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...qemu/repak.PNG

Tirkaz 09-27-2014 07:01 PM

as always, thanks for the hard work! i'm trying it out now :)

GeorgeS 09-27-2014 07:18 PM

Hey long time since we last talked!

Thanks for this tool!

Questions since I've been out for a while -

What Everquest version is this for (UF, SOF, SOD)?
What is the setting for eqhost.txt?

looking fwd to getting this going!
running t_start_server.bat, shows several dos windows open,but no text is seen in them - is that normal?

Thanks,
GeorgeS

Tirkaz 09-27-2014 07:19 PM

Amazing! My server finally up and running!

I created my character, and zoned in, but I'm floating in blue space in Mines of Gloomingdeep.

Is this because I don't have a clean client or is there a bug here?

Thanks again !!!

Akkadius 09-27-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeS (Post 234254)
Hey long time since we last talked!

Thanks for this tool!

Questions since I've been out for a while -

What Everquest version is this for (UF, SOF, SOD)?
What is the setting for eqhost.txt?

looking fwd to getting this going!
running t_start_server.bat, shows several dos windows open,but no text is seen in them - is that normal?

Thanks,
GeorgeS

Hey GeorgeS! Awesome to see you around!

This server will run Titanium/SoF/SoD/UF/RoF but UF is the most stable/recommended.

RoF is mostly supported.

The console doesn't show anything because that is how I setup the build options so that there isn't anything being written to logs, this burns up I/O. So yes this is perfectly normal.

The only thing that currently writes to logs is crash events, given that this build is approved and known working, you shouldn't need to debug much. You can always replace the binaries with others if you dare to try something that isn't pre-approved.

We're starting to work towards an approved 'stable' binary structure so that people can upgrade with as few issues as possible.

Akkadius 09-27-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tirkaz (Post 234255)
Amazing! My server finally up and running!

I created my character, and zoned in, but I'm floating in blue space in Mines of Gloomingdeep.

Is this because I don't have a clean client or is there a bug here?

Thanks again !!!

Hrmm you shouldn't be floating in blue space, what client are you using?

Did you try another character?

Tirkaz 09-27-2014 08:31 PM

Titanium client here.

I tried another character and the same thing.

I noticed when I logged onto another PEQ Repack server (I saw two on the server select screen, I didn't know if I was logging into mine or not) I had the same issue.

Weird.

Akkadius 09-27-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tirkaz (Post 234258)
Titanium client here.

I tried another character and the same thing.

I noticed when I logged onto another PEQ Repack server (I saw two on the server select screen, I didn't know if I was logging into mine or not) I had the same issue.

Weird.

I've done all of my testing on UF/RoF and I've had no issues like that so I would try getting a hold of a more recent client.

Tirkaz 09-27-2014 10:15 PM

Got the UF client, created a new toon, and it was in the correct spot.

Must have been a Titanium bug :-?

Thanks again for this!

GeorgeS 09-27-2014 11:16 PM

Thanks again Akkadius

It works perfectly. (just needed correct Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998)

GeorgeS

Akkadius 09-27-2014 11:29 PM

Responding to the both of you, good to hear on both of those.

lrincon 09-28-2014 12:40 PM

Error 1359 when trying to install package

Hello, has anyone had any trouble installing the package? I'm getting this error below when trying to install:

"Error 1359. An internal error occurred"

I'm running win7 pro 64bit.

Thanks.

ZionPhoenixGM 09-28-2014 03:20 PM

Im having this really nasty issue where the installer runs every time my windows starts up. Essentially I wanted to just check out the pack but when it tried to turn the first time it couldnt find some files. So i figured ok it was just a fluke Ill try it later. I deleted all the files but the installer will not go away and I cant get rid of it and it is pretty annoying to have this updater run everytime my computer starts.

Any clues Akkadius?

Also one other issue is when the installer goes to execute I get "Error 1306" Another application has exclusive access to the file "C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\data\mysql\innodb_index_stats.ibd". Nothing else is running on my computer that would access that file. This is the reason I tried to delete everything and start over but the issue above and this issue are preventing me from starting clean

Now it is impossible to open any .rars or .zips the installer has hijacked the functionality of "unpacking" and I cant even unzip other files. This is so annoying, how to do i get rid of this thing..

P.S. Thanks for the setup of the pack, cant wait to try it out after I resolve this installer thingy

Trubles 09-28-2014 04:24 PM

Works flawlessly for me. Tried it on 3 different VMs, 2008/Win7/2012R2.

All good.

Akkadius 09-28-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrincon (Post 234279)
Hello, has anyone had any trouble installing the package? I'm getting this error below when trying to install:

"Error 1359. An internal error occurred"

I'm running win7 pro 64bit.

Thanks.

Have you made sure that you don't already have some components already installed such as MySQL or another version of Perl? Anything that could cause such conflicts?