EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Looking For A Good Solo Server (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41852)

phantomghost 06-03-2019 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondo (Post 262729)
Does anyone know if there's a way to enable bots with Akkadius' Server installer?

I've installed it, merged in the above solo player rules, and everything was working great, but I'd really love to add bots to this. I've tried the server command line "assets" upgrade for bots, but it complains that the binaries are not enabled for bots.

Sounds like a blast! Thanks.

Not sure why that wouldn't work. Whenever, I run eqemu_server.pl it works. You could try moving the file to a new folder and having it build a new db so hopefully bots work. There is a way to get those binaries but I don't remember it without searching on these forums how to do it.

Hondo 06-03-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomghost (Post 262730)
Not sure why that wouldn't work. Whenever, I run eqemu_server.pl it works. You could try moving the file to a new folder and having it build a new db so hopefully bots work. There is a way to get those binaries but I don't remember it without searching on these forums how to do it.

Ok, I got it working. I think the problem was I ran the "window_server_download_bots" command while the server was running. Sorry, I'm new to all this.

So, what worked for me was:

1) Make sure the server is not running.
2) Run "eqemu_server.pl"
3) Use command "assets" then "window_server_download_bots"
4) Then go back to "main" and run "setup_bots". Not sure if this last step is necessary.

Now bots work. Thanks for your response, phantomghost! At least I knew what I was doing should be working. I just had to shutdown the server first.

Uleat 06-03-2019 02:41 PM

We recently updated the bots binary download to pull from the unstable build artifact.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...142e0092d455bb

Maybe, at some point, we can update the script to have the option for both stable and unstable downloads.

P.S. This question would have probably been better suited in its own thread ;)

Irreverent 07-16-2019 03:16 PM

Hrm...look what forums I found.

...pondering

woton 07-16-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irreverent (Post 263036)

...pondering

You're alive?!!

Maze_EQ 07-16-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

...pondering

plz bring up irreverent kleen

jakalecax 07-17-2019 04:13 AM

THE Fabled Irreverent!

:]

Eastwood 07-24-2019 10:37 PM

Irreverent was fantastic!

ZeitGeistDoc2 08-05-2019 06:17 PM

Think I accidentally posted somewhere else. Hunted down my eqemu login just to post... Irrev! Come baaaack. Nothing has filled the void that you left.

I can donate a little to help with server costs or whatever..just sayin.

Somethin somethin med school..growing family, no time for large raids or multiboxing..blahblabhh..

I neeeed a solo server. But also one with other people on it for funsies.

cloudwindeq 08-19-2019 02:03 AM

Irreverent is legend.

King's Lair is a good solo server.

woton 08-19-2019 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwindeq (Post 263257)
Irreverent is legend.

King's Lair is a good solo server.

I had some fun on King's Lair, but even after they bumped the number of bots we could use to 11 there are still too many encounters that just cant be done. Dencelle is working on a solo server atm and allows us to play there. Mobs are better tuned for solo play and he is on a lot to get feedback.

gizmo76 12-28-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

...pondering

Stop pondering!

The server was great fun, and was a (MMORPG) tragedy when it went offline. I'd encourage you to bring it back. It is missed.

tmoney2983 12-31-2019 02:55 PM

Irreverent??!! What a sight for sore eyes. I've been looking for a server to match the magic that your server had for years now with no dice. Closest that's come to it so far has been Imperium. But it's just not the same. I really hope you're serious about coming back

Vexium 07-26-2020 06:06 PM

ohey there. these names are familiar. ;)

jabedoben 07-27-2020 03:07 PM

I'd give my left nut to bring back Last World. That was by far my favorite solo server.