EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   EOC connection issue (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41210)

ionhsmith 03-14-2017 05:15 PM

EOC connection issue

I am trying to get eoc to connect to my Akkadius repack but I cant seem to get it to connect... any help would be great. I have port 3306 open, I created a new user, ran the query and changed it to the user name and pw of the data base but it still says connection failed

ionhsmith 03-20-2017 02:46 PM

any help? I would like to be able to edit my server again. Maybe I did not set up the user correctly in Heidi sql? can someone walk me through this process again ?

Vexyl 03-20-2017 03:08 PM

If I understand EoC correctly, it connects to your database server and reads/writes to an EQEmu database over a network device. With that in mind, the only way anyone can help is for you to provide additional information.

How are you using EoC? Are you using it remotely (e.g., connecting from http://eoc.akkadius.com/EOC2/login.php) or locally (e.g., downloading the EoC source and running it remotely, so it connects over LAN/localhost)?

Along with the above information, please also provide the host (IP address) and port that you've set EoC to connect to (if you'd rather not, simply make sure it's your external IP address if it's a remote connection, internal (LAN) IP address if over LAN, and localhost if on the same computer). If connecting remotely, forwarding the port on your router will be necessary. Remotely or not, check your firewall and make sure the port is allowed to have incoming traffic.

I assume the database credentials you're using are correct as you set that up yourself (do not post this information as that would be a huge security risk).

After that, kindly allow some time before posting again since everyone here has other things in life that must take priority over EQEmu support.

If I'm way off on understanding the situation feel free to say so.

NostalgiaEQ 03-20-2017 03:09 PM

what is eoc? So you have a server up and running and can't connect with your client or what?

edit: ah ok well I have no experience with that so I can't help.

ionhsmith 03-20-2017 03:48 PM

this is what it is saying...
Cannot connect to server!
Cannot connect to database peq

i do a port checker for 3306 and it says its blocked... i have it port forwarded and allowed in windows firewall. still not sure what to do to get it working again

Maze_EQ 03-20-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ionhsmith (Post 253590)
this is what it is saying...
Cannot connect to server!
Cannot connect to database peq

i do a port checker for 3306 and it says its blocked... i have it port forwarded and allowed in windows firewall. still not sure what to do to get it working again

tcp and udp? just DMZ your server kiddo.

ionhsmith 03-20-2017 04:33 PM

I don't know what DMZ is honestly

Vexyl 03-20-2017 04:37 PM

DMZ = Demilitarized zone

Basically, it exposes your computer directly to the Internet. You get no firewall protection, but you don't need to port forward. It's a bad solution to your problem, imo.

ionhsmith 03-20-2017 04:43 PM

I just want to be able to edit my server again. doesn't work since I switch to the Akkadia repack

Uleat 03-20-2017 05:04 PM

Open a command prompt and run this command:
Code:

netstat -an
..and report back the entries ending with :3306.

Maze_EQ 03-20-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexyl (Post 253593)
DMZ = Demilitarized zone

Basically, it exposes your computer directly to the Internet. You get no firewall protection, but you don't need to port forward. It's a bad solution to your problem, imo.

Like forwarding SQL is any less dangerous?

If you have any know-how of networking (even entry level) you can easily have a secure dmz.

Vexyl 03-20-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maze_EQ (Post 253597)
Like forwarding SQL is any less dangerous?

If you have any know-how of networking (even entry level) you can easily have a secure dmz.

I am not a networking guru. However, based on the OP's question and replies, I don't think he or she has much knowledge of networking (even entry level).

GRUMPY 03-20-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ionhsmith (Post 253585)
any help? I would like to be able to edit my server again.

You used the word "again". Does this mean your ports were open before and you were able to connect no problem ?
(Just trying to understand this).

Uleat 03-20-2017 05:37 PM

I'm not sure what the installer's default is..but, he probably needs to bind his db to the computer's LAN address rather than localhost.

EDIT: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/co...client-access/

Maze_EQ 03-20-2017 05:45 PM

Throw up teamviewer and drop $100 into my paypal.

Leave a note on the desktop with domain credentials (if you're using AD) for an admin account (and router details) and it'll be done in 30 minutes. Or, I can send you a WebEx. /shrug

Usually my consulting fee is quite higher, but for the EQEmu community, I'll be lenient.