EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Development (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Steam RoF2 Development Tracking (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39092)

Warking 03-15-2015 10:38 PM

Can someone point me to how I can upgrade my Windows SQL DB for the RoF content in the RoF client?

demonstar55 03-16-2015 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warking (Post 238675)
Can someone point me to how I can upgrade my Windows SQL DB for the RoF content in the RoF client?

Manually develop the content yourself.

Warking 03-16-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonstar55 (Post 238678)
Manually develop the content yourself.

I know that but the download link to the new PEQ database files is not coming up.

vsab 03-16-2015 03:47 PM

Http://peqtgc.com/releases

Tricyclethief 04-25-2015 12:49 PM

I've been watching this thread for while seeing everything that's being fixed , great job btw getting everything thats been done so far. Just curious what the status is for guild bank and how progress is coming.

vsab 05-04-2015 03:45 AM

Been playing with this for a while and noticed two main issues:

1. Characters in group sometimes appear as out of zone. When this is the case they cannot be seen. This can be a real pain, occasionally relogging the character that appears ooz sometimes works, but usually you have to relog the affected character too. When you have multiple characters with this issue, you just have to relog them all.

Pretty sure it's not a group issue, but more generic, it's just that when you 6 box you're always in a group.

To clarify: A and B are in zone. A doesn't think B is in zone. B can see A, A cannot see B. When they are grouped B shows as OOZ to A, but A looks like they are in zone to B. A cannot /target B either, it's like their spawn hasn't been sent.

2. Characters are sometimes unable to trade with other characters (or pets), you just get the single click message rather than opening a trade. Relogging works. Possibly related to #1, will check when it happens again.

demonstar55 05-04-2015 11:54 AM

Number 1 isn't a rof2 issue.

vsab 05-05-2015 01:46 AM

I see... OK so I looked at the fix/revert. Do we know what version PEQ uses, since the breaking code was reverted one day later on Feb 10th (cos otherwise the revert didn't fix the issue)?

vsab 05-12-2015 04:26 AM

Ok, so unsure about whether this is general or just ROF2. When I select the chat window filter Spells>Mine, other peoples spells also go into that window too.

I'm not sure which other filter types are affected but I suspect it's not the only one. I've been trying to emulate my setup from live and it definitely doesn't separate out as discreetly.

epilz 05-19-2015 08:04 PM

With ROF2 client, I have noticed that berserkers using 2-handed piercing do not show skill ups with with 2hP, they show it with 1HP.

Uleat 05-19-2015 08:15 PM

The emu code is not setup to handle the 2hpiercing skill, as yet.

epilz 05-19-2015 09:21 PM

ok thanks Uleat

Uleat 05-19-2015 09:40 PM

Someone will eventually get around to it.

I did some clean-up and prep work on skills some time ago..but, there's more than just adding the skill to the list with implementation.
(All of the combat code has to be gone through :( )

mgellan 05-20-2015 11:06 AM

Hi there:

Setting up a new server, latest emu code and PEQ database, testing with RoF2 and Titanium. I've noticed that in RoF2 hateplane is no longer available - #zone hateplane is ignored, and #cast 666 takes you to hateplaneb (even if the spell is targeted to hateplane.) In Titanium #zone hateplane and #cast 666 work fine. Another hard coded zone like HPH or something we can change in the emu code? Thought I'd ask before digging into the code to look for it...

The only other wierdness is the extra two inventory slots don't work properly and throw a bunch of errors, but I need to spend some time testing them and document exactly how they are behaving.

Pretty happy with the RoF2 client otherwise, pretty sure when my server goes beta in Sept I'll recommend using it. Nice job guys :)

Regards,
Mg

Shendare 05-20-2015 11:14 AM

It appears that the hateplane.s3d and hateplane_obj.s3d files were removed by SOE by the time of the RoF2 client, which would prevent anyone from zoning into it. The Emu code was likely tweaked to redirect those users to hateplaneb to avoid the crash, similar to spawning the old version of Nektulos for Titanium clients, with the instructions to delete/rename the broken/placeholder nektulos.eqg that came with that client.