EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   UPDATED: Approved Akka's Repack Update 8-26-2015 (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39317)

Akkadius 02-05-2015 08:11 PM

UPDATED: Approved Akka's Repack Update 8-26-2015

If you are using my repack, and you want to update your server software, there is no current automatic way, but I have stable binaries built and approved through testing here:

UPDATED (8-26-2015) STABLE (From 2-13-2015)
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/l/wa/file...015_stable.rar

To Update
  • Go to your server folder
  • Backup all of your .exe's (Just incase)
  • Extract the .rar into your server folder and overwrite the .exe's if necessary
  • Run world.exe
  • It will pull down a database upgrade script which will prompt you to update your database
  • Backup your database with option 1) (To be safe)
  • Once that is done, choose option 3 to stage updates so it can figure out which updates need to be ran
  • Run option 3) again to apply the updates
  • Run option 5) to pull down latest opcodes
  • Option 0) to exit
  • Close world, use your server start .bat as normal
  • Done, enjoy all the fixes and stability changes as of 8-26-2015 as well as RoF2

This will also work for all other windows installs.

Perl version 5.12.3
No bots enabled

Toony 02-05-2015 10:51 PM

Thanks Akkadius, looking forward to giving it a go this weekend.

dagulus2 02-06-2015 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akkadius (Post 237477)
[*]Run option 5) to pull down latest opcodes

Does this actually work? Mine always crashes out at the underfoot patch saying that the file cannot be found and I now longer have a connection to the internet.

epilz 02-06-2015 12:59 PM

Nice work Akkadius

Toony 02-06-2015 08:09 PM

That was so insanely easy, worked like a charm, thanks Akka!

Cassieze 02-07-2015 03:47 PM

Probably something to do with how I installed but I am getting an error Missing DB update #### 'blabla.sql' for everything; however they are put into a folder called C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\db_update.

It was able to find whats missing but not actually apply them. Hopefully (I am assuming they will because why wouldnt they? It seems like they just cant be found) they work manually but will have to try later

The opcodes worked fine.

Bandor 02-09-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassieze (Post 237575)
Probably something to do with how I installed but I am getting an error Missing DB update #### 'blabla.sql' for everything; however they are put into a folder called C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\db_update.

It was able to find whats missing but not actually apply them. Hopefully (I am assuming they will because why wouldnt they? It seems like they just cant be found) they work manually but will have to try later

The opcodes worked fine.

Im getting same reaction. I see all the updates in db_updates aswell. Opcodes worked fine just wont source the new stuff,says it can't find it.

Uleat 02-09-2015 02:29 PM

When the menu comes up, do you press 3? Then, 3 again to actually apply them?

Bandor 02-09-2015 03:12 PM

Yes. It then responds saying unable to find the updates. Though it clearly tells me theres 57 needed.

Bandor 02-09-2015 06:26 PM

Tried sourcing manually via CMD and it tells me unable to open file. Trying to do it via HiediSQL and have only got 1 query to run so far,rest give me errors for duplicate names and such.

utbbop 02-10-2015 08:37 AM

Followed instructions VERBATIM.

Worked like a charm, no issues whatsoever.

Thanks much for the instructions/walk-through Akka!!!!!!

Bandor 02-10-2015 10:51 AM

No luck on my end. I do wonder however, The CMD prompt says its looking for Xampp whereas I dont use xampp is have MariaDB. Could this be my problem?

Wouldnt allow me to source the updates automatically or manually. Followed the instructions to the T.

Akkadius 02-12-2015 12:10 AM

If you're having MYSQL path issues (Update script), make sure you set your path to the correct value. Make sure you're only adding this, not erasing the rest of the path variables

C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin

http://www.howtogeek.com/118594/how-...d-line-access/

Rainne 02-14-2015 09:08 AM

I tried this on a new install and got the following errors.

I can log into my world and create a character.

Should I be concerned?

Code:

Running Update: 9062 - 2014_12_15_multiple_table_updates.sql
ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 16: Duplicate column name 'aug_6'
Running Update: 9063 - 2014_12_24_npc_types_update.sql
Running Update: 9064 - 2014_12_24_npc_types_table_update.sql
Running Update: 9065 - 2014_12_26_merc_weaponinfo_table_update.sql
ERROR 1051 (42S02) at line 2: Unknown table 'vwmercnpctypes'
Running Update: 9066 - 2014_12_31_npc_types_default_values_update.sql
Reading manifest...

DB up to date with: 9000 - '2013_02_18_Merc_Rules_and_Tables.sql'
DB up to date with: 8000 - 'mercs.sql'

No updates need to be run...
Setting Database to Binary Version (9075
[Crash] EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) if not already...

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '[Crash] EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION' at line 2

Akkadius 02-14-2015 04:41 PM

Delete your db_version table in your database and start over. I don't know how in the hell you ran into that.

Code:

DROP TABLE `db_version`;

Rainne 02-15-2015 07:13 AM

I dropped the table and updates ran through with no errors. I guess I'm good to go.

I just want to add my thanks for this. I tried to manually building my own emu and the database updates were a nightmare to understand. I now have a nice base to play from.

Akkadius 02-19-2015 06:57 PM

UPDATED with 2-13-2015 stable:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/l/wa/file...015-stable.rar

Follow same procedure in first post.

Various issues and fixes have been made since the 2-5-2015 build so I would recommend updating your repack's and servers with it.

Ran and tested on EZ and PEQ for a solid week with very very few issues.

aoneone81 02-21-2015 02:39 AM

List of details for this update?

@Akkadius, Hello do you have a readme.txt or can you list what changes/fixes you made for this 2-13-15 update? Thanks and cheers.

Akkadius 02-21-2015 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aoneone81 (Post 238106)
@Akkadius, Hello do you have a readme.txt or can you list what changes/fixes you made for this 2-13-15 update? Thanks and cheers.

There were un-noted fixes that actually were spamming a ton of packets, I would update regardless.

Quote:

== 02/09/2015 ==
Trevius: (RoF+) Setting Alt flag on characters in the Guild Management Window is now saved and functional for filtering.
Trevius: (RoF+) Guild Invites between RoF+ and previous Clients is now functional.

== 02/08/2015 ==
Kayen: Implemented npc specialability (44) COUNTER_AVOID_DAMAGE which when applied to the ATTACKING NPC will make their attacks more difficult to be avoided by riposte/dodge/parry/block.
Parama0: Negative modifer value that affects ALL avoid damage types dodge/parry/riposte/block) chance on defender. Ie (44,50 = 50 pct reduction to ALL)
Parama1: Negative modifer value that affects RIPOSTE chance on defender. Ie (44,1,0,50 = 50 pct reduction to riposte chance)
Parama2: Negative modifer value that affects PARRY chance on defender. Ie (44,1,0,0,50 = 50 pct reduction to parry chance)
Parama3: Negative modifer value that affects BLOCK chance on defender. Ie (44,1,0,0,0,50 = 50 pct reduction to block chance)
Parama4: Negative modifer value that affects DODGE chance on defender. e (44,1,0,0,0,0,50 = 50 pct reduction to dodge chance)
Example of usage: Player has Improved Dodge V (+50 pct dodge chance), you want to negate this bonus you would set 44,1,0,0,0,0,50 on your NPC.

== 02/07/2015 ==
Akkadius: Reduced #repop time dramatically by taking down hundreds of individual SELECT/DELETE/INSERT queries in routines and bringing it down to very few
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSFbyTBuAk

== 02/06/2015 ==
Uleat: Updated returns for Inventory and ItemInst const iterators. (const == const)
Uleat: Replaced 'iter_inst' and 'iter_contents' typedefs with their stl definitions
Uleat: Removed 'limbo' from the 'HasItem' series of checks - including lore checks. The client excludes this range and it causes issues when performing item searches - dupe lore checks were added to account for this.
Uleat: Updated command #iteminfo to show light source information and a few other things

== 02/05/2015 ==
Trevius: Fixed Environmental Damage for RoF2.

aoneone81 02-21-2015 11:53 AM

Thank you!! ^^

Jahosphat 03-09-2015 01:37 PM

Hi Im planning on running my own little server for myself. Are there plans to have some kind of autoupdate feature? Or if im installing from scratch, do i get the pack, then apply these updates?.. looks pretty straight forward. Thx a ton!

Akkadius 03-09-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahosphat (Post 238463)
Hi Im planning on running my own little server for myself. Are there plans to have some kind of autoupdate feature? Or if im installing from scratch, do i get the pack, then apply these updates?.. looks pretty straight forward. Thx a ton!

No plans for binary auto update at this moment, potentially in the forseeable future.

So yes, install repack and then simply copy these binaries into the server folder and follow the steps.

Jahosphat 03-09-2015 10:44 PM

apologies, this is what i get when running world.exe

[World Server] Loading server configuration..
[World Server] CURRENT_VERSION: 1.1.3
[World Server] Added loginserver login.eqemulator.net:5998
[World Server] Connecting to MySQL...
[World Server] Starting HTTP world service...
[World Server] Checking Database Conversions..
Pulling down automatic database upgrade script...
[Upgrade Script] No script update necessary
Perl Version is 5.12.3
MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue..

Exiting...
[World Server] Loading variables..
[World Server] Loading zones..
[World Server] Clearing groups..
[World Server] Clearing raids..
[World Server] Loading items..
[World Server] Error: Could not load item data. But ignori
[World Server] Loading skill caps..
[World Server] Loading guilds..
[World Server] Loaded default rule set 'default'
[World Server] Loading EQ time of day..
[World Server] Loading launcher list..
[World Server] Reboot zone modes OFF
[World Server] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from databas
[World Server] Loading adventures...
[World Server] Purging expired instances
[World Server] Loading char create info...
[World Server] Zone (TCP) listener started.
[World Server] Client (UDP) listener started.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_UF.conf'. Thats bad.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_RoF2.conf'. Thats bad.

complete noob.. help?

Huppy 03-09-2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akkadius (Post 237477)
[*]Go to your server folder[*]Backup all of your .exe's (Just incase)[*]Extract the .rar into your server folder and overwrite the .exe's if necessary[*]Run world.exe[*]It will pull down a database upgrade script which will prompt you to update

Just curious. I get to the part "Run world.exe" and that's a as far as it goes.
The CMD window shows it trying to connect to MySQL, but obviously can't
connect without the root login/pass. Is there a way to do this ?

Akkadius 03-09-2015 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huppy (Post 238488)
Just curious. I get to the part "Run world.exe" and that's a as far as it goes.
The CMD window shows it trying to connect to MySQL, but obviously can't
connect without the root login/pass. Is there a way to do this ?

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...4&postcount=13

Akkadius 03-09-2015 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahosphat (Post 238487)
apologies, this is what i get when running world.exe

[World Server] Added loginserver login.eqemulator.net:5998
[World Server] Connecting to MySQL...
[World Server] Starting HTTP world service...
[World Server] Checking Database Conversions..
Pulling down automatic database upgrade script...
[Upgrade Script] No script update necessary
Perl Version is 5.12.3
MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue..

Exiting...
[World Server] Loading variables..
[World Server] Loading zones..
[World Server] Clearing groups..
[World Server] Clearing raids..
[World Server] Loading items..
[World Server] Error: Could not load item data. But ignori
[World Server] Loading skill caps..
[World Server] Loading guilds..
[World Server] Loaded default rule set 'default'
[World Server] Loading EQ time of day..
[World Server] Loading launcher list..
[World Server] Reboot zone modes OFF
[World Server] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from databas
[World Server] Loading adventures...
[World Server] Purging expired instances
[World Server] Loading char create info...
[World Server] Zone (TCP) listener started.
[World Server] Client (UDP) listener started.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_UF.conf'. Thats bad.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_RoF2.conf'. Thats bad.

complete noob.. help?

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...4&postcount=13

Huppy 03-10-2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akkadius (Post 238489)

I checked the path variable, it was in there ;C:\mysql\bin
But the world.exe just doesn't want to get out of bed.

[World Server] Added loginserver 127.0.0.1:5998
[World Server] Connecting to MySQL ...
[World Server] Cannot continue without a database connection.

I use Win 7-64, MySQL 5.1.73 and Perl 5.12.3
But the server I am trying to update from is an old one, (few years ago).
It connects to the DB no problem, so I am stumped, hahaha

Akkadius 03-10-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huppy (Post 238491)
I checked the path variable, it was in there ;C:\mysql\bin
But the world.exe just doesn't want to get out of bed.

[World Server] Added loginserver 127.0.0.1:5998
[World Server] Connecting to MySQL ...
[World Server] Cannot continue without a database connection.

I use Win 7-64, MySQL 5.1.73 and Perl 5.12.3
But the server I am trying to update from is an old one, (few years ago).
It connects to the DB no problem, so I am stumped, hahaha

As long as you run world.exe within the context of the server directory and your MySQL credentials are correct in the eqemu_config.xml, the eqemu_update.pl script should launch without issue.

Huppy 03-10-2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akkadius (Post 238492)
As long as you run world.exe within the context of the server directory and your MySQL credentials are correct in the eqemu_config.xml, the eqemu_update.pl script should launch without issue.

Ok, maybe we found an issue here. I double checked the .rar pack, there is no file called eqemu_update.pl included with it.

I download the UPDATED (2-13-2015) STABLE from the post you listed ?

Akkadius 03-10-2015 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huppy (Post 238493)
Ok, maybe we found an issue here. I double checked the .rar pack, there is no file called eqemu_update.pl included with it.

I download the UPDATED (2-13-2015) STABLE from the post you listed ?

No, the binaries from the update will automatically run eqemu_update.pl and download it if you don't have it. You need to drop the updated binaries as instructed into your server folder and this will occur on its own.

Huppy 03-10-2015 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akkadius (Post 238494)
No, the binaries from the update will automatically run eqemu_update.pl and download it if you don't have it. You need to drop the updated binaries as instructed into your server folder and this will occur on its own.

I actually did what the instructions said, I unzipped the whole .rar pack in to my eqemu server folder and let it overwrite all the executables. Then I run the world.exe and that's as far as I got. Is that what you mean ?

Akkadius 03-10-2015 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huppy (Post 238495)
I actually did what the instructions said, I unzipped the whole .rar pack in to my eqemu server folder and let it overwrite all the executables. Then I run the world.exe and that's as far as I got. Is that what you mean ?

Your credentials in your eqemu_config.xml to your MySQL server are wrong, you need to fix it.

Huppy 03-10-2015 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akkadius (Post 238496)
Your credentials in your eqemu_config.xml to your MySQL server are wrong, you need to fix it.

Ok, maybe I am misunderstanding something, as I already indicated the current old server I am running now is connecting to the DB from that same file eqemu_config.xml (user name root pass *****) for db login.
I have not changed that config file, I left it in the server folder when I put your world.exe file in there.
I've been running this older server for a few years now, just thought I would update and seen your repack and figured I would try it out.

Akkadius 03-10-2015 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huppy (Post 238497)
Ok, maybe I am misunderstanding something, as I already indicated the current old server I am running now is connecting to the DB from that same file eqemu_config.xml (user name root pass *****) for db login.
I have not changed that config file, I left it in the server folder when I put your world.exe file in there.
I've been running this older server for a few years now, just thought I would update and seen your repack and figured I would try it out.

When world.exe says cannot continue without a MySQL server, its failing to login.

If you installed the repack it is installed MariaDB, another database engine on top of what you had. I would look into that.

Jahosphat 03-10-2015 11:22 AM

ok i ran the patch after updating successfully yay!.. i ran the bat to start the server.. and it launches the updated world.exe again... intended? it launches the 3 other command prompts, i changed my server name in the config but i don't see the server listed.. ill try it again when i get home.. anything im missing?

epilz 03-10-2015 11:37 AM

Have you forwarded the ports on your router? Akkas repack sets up your firewall exceptions, but you must forward the ports correctly on your router.

Jahosphat 03-10-2015 01:35 PM

when i ran the first runthrough i was able to see my server listed.. post patch i didn't see it, i changed the server name but didn't seem to help..

epilz 03-10-2015 02:08 PM

If you close all 4 windows, and manually run world.exe, do you see any errors?

Jahosphat 03-10-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epilz (Post 238513)
If you close all 4 windows, and manually run world.exe, do you see any errors?

no it just goes through the options again to update.

epilz 03-10-2015 05:03 PM

is it prompting you for updates?