EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Quests::Q&A (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=599)
-   -   I need some help Armor quest eats items (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31887)

Bellos 08-20-2010 01:17 PM

I need some help Armor quest eats items

I dont mean to be such a PITA, i really hope im not pissing you guys off, just trying to relearn some stuff. Ok i have a quest but when i turn in the items he just eats them. Here is a basic block of the quest

It could be the $class == 1 but i believe thats how I did it before 1 being warrior. Or i could be not using the plugin check hand in correctly. I havent messed with it recently. So if anyone can help me out id appreciate it.

K i think it is the class part, imma check quick

Ok now he doesnt eat them, but he hands em back to me.

Code:

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if ($class == 1) {
                #Helm
                if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1658 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1659 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1733 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1660 == 1)) {
                quest::say("Here is your Mithril Helm");
                quest::summonitem(68850,0);
                }

else {
                        plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
                        quest::say("I have no use for this item, $name.  Take it back.");
                }

#breastplate
                if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1658 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1659 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1733 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1661 == 1)) {
                quest::say("Here is your Mithril Breastplate");
                quest::summonitem(68960,0);
                }

else {
                }

#Vambrace
                if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1658 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1659 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1733 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1662 == 1)) {
                quest::say("Here are your Mithril Vambraces");
            quest::summonitem(68851,0);
                }

else {
                }

#Bracer
                if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1658 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1659 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1733 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1663 == 1)) {
                quest::say("Here is your Mithril Bracer");
                quest::summonitem(68854,0);
                }

else {
                }

#Greaves
                if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1658 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1659 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1733 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1664 == 1)) {
                quest::say("Here are you Mithril Greaves");
                quest::summonitem(68961,0);
                }

else {
                }

#Boots
                if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1658 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1659 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1733 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1716 == 1)) {
                quest::say("Here are your Mithril Boots");
                quest::summonitem(68853,0);
                }

else {
                }

#Gauntlets
                if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1658 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1659 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1733 == 1) && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1732 == 1)) {
                quest::say("Here are your Mithril Gauntlets");
                quest::summonitem(68852,0);
                }

else {
                }
        }
}

Tabasco 08-20-2010 01:50 PM

I think that needs to be plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1659 => 1), => rather than ==

You should take a look at plugins/globals.pl.
functions like plugin::takeItems(...) and plugin::returnUnusedItems() are easier to use and you don't have to pass the item array.

Bellos 08-20-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabasco (Post 190839)
I think that needs to be plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1659 => 1), => rather than ==

You should take a look at plugins/globals.pl.
functions like plugin::takeItems(...) and plugin::returnUnusedItems() are easier to use and you don't have to pass the item array.

Yeah that worked. I looked in globals.pl i cant really understand how to use any of it.

Bellos 08-25-2010 04:07 PM

damn it, its not working again. I didnt do any editing on it either except moving my saylinks inside my say event.

Can anyone help

Caryatis 08-25-2010 04:53 PM

Man if I was mod here, I would resurrect this forum so hard it wouldn't be funny.

You would be the poster child for that forum Bellos.

Here's a hint though... since your code has changed from the original post, your original post is useless for debugging why your current code doesnt work.

Bellos 08-28-2010 01:15 AM

And if i was a mod id fuckin ban you, Why the hell you have to be an asshole? Seriously what the fuck is your problem man?

If anyone comes to me with a problem i Help em out. Go to hell dude

BTW i fixed the problem.

It was the &&s but i swore i fixed that last time. Maybe it didnt save.

To Caryatis go to hell bro