EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   EQ Classless (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41911)

gpofbr 07-12-2018 07:11 PM

The server is having a problem with zones not available. I am bound in Rivervale but when I gated back the zone was unavailable. I'll now have to wait until the return home becomes available and try that. Also, to get into Misty I had to install the original RoF misty files to replace the ones from the Launcher program put in there.

gpofbr 07-13-2018 10:32 AM

On further review, many zones are unavailable. They do become available after some minutes. Otherwise, a clever idea and fun. Old school in that you have to leg it around until you can find some druid or wiz transport spells.

Maze_EQ 07-13-2018 10:46 AM

Restarting the server now.

Uptime of 28 days, guess zone is having a stroke.

gpofbr 07-13-2018 01:30 PM

Everything is working now, thanks. Come and give it a try. Everyone starts as a ranger but u also get the FD ability. You run around collecting spells, tomes and bard songs, all of which you can use. With pets and damage spells plus the high xp rate it moves fast.

Slaymore 08-09-2018 03:06 PM

Is this server dead now? Noticed it is Down for a while now.

lgsource1 08-11-2018 12:42 AM

Yes the server is down - GM burnt out.

mjbcb0717 08-12-2018 03:00 PM

always happens, next server please

Maze_EQ 08-12-2018 08:30 PM

Secrets gave it to me to maintain, I gave it to Millers to dev. He quit, I stopped using my internet/electricity to host his dead project.

Slaymore 08-13-2018 11:00 AM

Would it be possible to post the sql updates etc so that others might work from this idea? I have a server running that I only start when I want to screw around and would like to try this classless idea. (never got to play on the server).

ChaosSlayerZ 08-13-2018 10:02 PM

Why did Secret gave out server at all in the first place? He looked very excited about the idea just few months back?

Maze_EQ 08-13-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaymore (Post 259686)
Would it be possible to post the sql updates etc so that others might work from this idea? I have a server running that I only start when I want to screw around and would like to try this classless idea. (never got to play on the server).

Most if not ALL custom code is source related.

I do not have access to the source code.

djeryv 08-14-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgsource1 (Post 259663)
Yes the server is down - GM burnt out.

Sadly, this is one of the main reasons I play solo on a personal server.

Cusser 08-14-2018 09:42 PM

Many people seem to have a lot of confidence in that infamous green list, as far as reliable, established servers go, but if
you notice, it's no exception to the "come and go" risk factor. Servers of the past have started on the white list, got their
population up and got their bump to the green. They all get a big surge for the first while, then it tones down to a lower
average. But you also have the devs that run the course of the excitement and don't want to do it anymore. Did they really
know what they were getting themselves into before they started ? Nobody could be that naive, as to sit there looking at
their life and not know whether they have the time, effort and stamina to keep up with a production server, (or project).
Let me see, "I work 8-10 hours a day at a demanding job, I have a wife, kids, family and I volunteer on weekends for my
community. Oh hell, yes, I have enough time, no problem, let's get started on that server project. I can sleep next year."

There is only 4 servers that have ever maintained a heavy population and been going strong for many years. You will find those
up at the top of the Legends list. There was even one on that gold list, recently, that got bumped down to the green list. But
it's not like we can all google the internet for a solid, trustable team. It just doesn't exist anymore.