EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Development (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Disabling the gloomingdeep tutorial (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40861)

superemu 08-27-2016 09:55 PM

Disabling the gloomingdeep tutorial

Hello all,

I am trying to disable gloomingdeep mines completely on my server. Following instructions in other threads, I set the following default rule values:

World:TutorialZoneID - 0
World:MaxLevelForTutorial - 0
World:EnableTutorialButton - false

This does seem to keep my new characters from spawning in gloomingdeep, however the client still shows "Entering the Mines of Gloomingdeep" when loading the starting zone when the tutorial button is pressed. Anyone know of a way to disable the tutorial button on the char create screen or to make the client indicate the actual zone being loaded?

Thanks!

NostalgiaEQ 09-22-2016 07:31 PM

Mine does that too. I think that is a server code issue so you would probably need to go to the server development files and find where to change it in C++ then recompile the server exe's. P99 removed all those text loading things so it is possible to do but may take a while if your not experienced at modifying the server itself.

DanCanDo 09-22-2016 11:44 PM

You can't disable that from server side. I do believe it's partly because the "world" has no
idea what your client is doing until you click on those buttons, which is handled by the
client. Hence - P99 custom client files to download :)

Uleat 09-23-2016 05:49 PM

All of those 'loading' messages are 100% client side.

strugglegenerator 10-18-2019 09:54 AM

I've looked everywhere I can think of on the client side for the "Entering Mines of Gloomingdeep" and the only thing I found was in the eqstr_us file on line 5856 it says "The Mines of Gloomingdeep".

I tried changing line 5856 to the word "Test" instead of "The Mines of Gloomingdeep" but it breaks character select completely, listing "Unknown String" and I have to copy/paste a backup eqstr_us file just to get the character select to function again.

Does anyone know where, on the client side, we can remove "Entering The Mines of Gloomingdeep?" after a character selects to "Enter World"?

joligario 10-18-2019 11:55 AM

You won't find it listed like that. It will be something like "Entering %1...". But that is used for all zoning. As Uleat mentioned, you will have to adjust the client.

strugglegenerator 10-18-2019 12:31 PM

Thank you joligario. That is helpful information about the "Entering %1...". I found it on line 9508 of the eqstr_us file and also on line 9508 of the eqstr_en file. I'm not really sure where to take it from here...and now I'm curious what the difference between the eqstr_en and eqstr_us file is.

I understand I must make the change on the client side, it's just pinpointing exactly where this change needs to be made that is proving difficult.

I will continue to search and report my findings.