EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   Windows Server Repack (EQEmu Akka's PEQ Repack) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38836)

Toony 10-28-2014 06:16 PM

Akkadius, thanks for this, I just (successfully) logged into "my own" EQ server, so cool!

Toony 10-30-2014 12:26 AM

Well, I thought I had it working :)

I can log in, create characters, zone, etc. but I can't get in combat in some zones. I was able to attack a rat in Rivervale but I couldn't attack anything in innothule or northern ro. I'm running underfoot so ro and inno are revamped where Rivervale isn't but I don't know if that's the reason.

Any suggestions?

lerxst2112 10-30-2014 02:35 AM

Check to make sure the zones are not flagged as non-combat.

Toony 10-30-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lerxst2112 (Post 235123)
Check to make sure the zones are not flagged as non-combat.

I checked, all the zones look normal there, mostly 1's and a handful of 0's in the typical places you wouldn't be able to attack. I also downloaded all the server maps directly off Akkadius's FTP to make sure that wasn't the problem.

arghh, so close...

wispers 10-31-2014 04:20 PM

how would i go about making this useable offline if there is a way could anyone please share thanks

derantum 11-01-2014 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wispers (Post 235179)
how would i go about making this useable offline if there is a way could anyone please share thanks

you would need a Own Login Server! to use it totally offline.

scrubtasticx 11-02-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wispers (Post 235179)

only thing you can do is download the source run CMAKE to use loginserver then compile it with a compiler ;( this repack is for online use

dominionofsouls 11-02-2014 03:23 PM

Thank you for this. I've been lurking here for years and have always contemplated hosting a server.

Krical 11-03-2014 03:42 PM

Not quite sure how to make my server appear on the list?

Hey! Awesome work man, been wanting to start my own EQ server for ages, now it just went easier!

But I got a huge problem, I start the t_start_server and all the windows pop up, I renamed the server to "A Kricals Project - 15x blablabla" (before starting the server ofc) and then I tried connecting to the MYSQL database wich worked, but now I just cant seem to find my server on the server list from EQ emu (ingame)?

So all in all, im not sure what i've done wrong or what i've missed, thanks in advance!

chrsschb 11-03-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krical (Post 235255)
Hey! Awesome work man, been wanting to start my own EQ server for ages, now it just went easier!

But I got a huge problem, I start the t_start_server and all the windows pop up, I renamed the server to "A Kricals Project - 15x blablabla" (before starting the server ofc) and then I tried connecting to the MYSQL database wich worked, but now I just cant seem to find my server on the server list from EQ emu (ingame)?

So all in all, im not sure what i've done wrong or what i've missed, thanks in advance!

Did you change the longname AND the shortname? The longname is what shows in the server list of the login server.

Also I believe there are some ports that need to be forwarded for the login server to display your server accurately.

Krical 11-03-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrsschb (Post 235260)
Did you change the longname AND the shortname? The longname is what shows in the server list of the login server.

Yes, I switched Shortname to: Kricalsproject

Still wont show up tho, opened ports now to see if that works.

Krical 11-03-2014 04:45 PM

Still not working.. hmm, do I have to do anything special to view my server on EQemu list?

chrsschb 11-03-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krical (Post 235262)
Still not working.. hmm, do I have to do anything special to view my server on EQemu list?

Nope, just making sure the config file is correct and ports are forwarded.

You getting any errors in the world.exe window?

Krical 11-03-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrsschb (Post 235263)
Nope, just making sure the config file is correct and ports are forwarded.

You getting any errors in the world.exe window?

no errors at all, forwarded port:

this is the config file:

KricalsProject</shortname>
<longname>KricalsProject 15x</longname>

<!-- DO NOT EDIT ANY LINES BETWEEN HERE AND THE DATABASE SECTION -->
<!-- <address>do.not.edit</address> -->
<!-- <localaddress>do.not.edit</localaddress> -->

<!-- Loginserver information. DO NOT EDIT -->
<loginserver>
<host>login.eqemulator.net</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=E6iU2KVs"></script>

Krical 11-03-2014 05:08 PM

Nvm, suddenly it works.. Thanks for the help x)