EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Account recovery via SMS (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41545)

Oppressive 10-11-2017 04:03 PM

Account recovery via SMS

I'm trying to recovery my Loginserver account VIA SMS....

For some reason the SMS isn't being sent to my phone, but I can see it queueing in my usage details via Verizon Online...but it doesn't show the actual contents of the text.

I've called Verizon customer support and they said due to privacy laws they cannot show me the contents of the text, and it is not getting sent directly to my phone there's a problem with the sender.

Any way I can resolve this? I've been trying to ask P99 for 6 months now if they could resolve this...

EQEmu sent me there to ask for support, they are sending me back here..

Extremely frustrating, could anyone here assist me?

The_Beast 10-11-2017 04:24 PM

If you created that loginserver acct on another website (other than here), then yes, you need to go to that website.
If you created that login server acct HERE, on eqemulator site (see pic below), then this is where you inquire.
Bad news though, there have been 100's before you, lol

https://image.ibb.co/f1AMRG/loginacct_1.png

Oppressive 10-12-2017 12:31 AM

Yeah I created it here...I have a feeling im screwed...this SMS system is so terrible..

Another question, I have another account in which I dont have access to the eqemu login or the email login, but I do have my work phone SMS'd to that account, which does work, any way to recover that without email/eqemu pw?

Oppressive 10-12-2017 02:13 AM

You know I had a little bit of hope for this, but going back through forums and seeing literally hundreds of posts about SMS not working for people, has given me little motivation to keep pursuing this.

If this is messed up for so many people, why the hell is it still implemented?

Is EQEMU account recoveries basically the graveyard for old EQ players?

this literally blows my mind...usually when something is broke people fix it, not ignore posts for years :x

Scorpious2k 10-12-2017 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppressive (Post 255962)
this literally blows my mind...usually when something is broke people fix it, not ignore posts for years :x

I agree, but don't blame the developers. This is something that can only be accessed and fixed by Admins.

Oppressive 10-12-2017 10:33 PM

yeah...not sure why they arent keeping up with this...time is more valuable than money, and they are essentially wasting ours

Oppressive 01-27-2018 05:30 AM

Shameless bump for help I know I'll never get

Darkscis 01-28-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppressive (Post 255974)
yeah...not sure why they arent keeping up with this...time is more valuable than money, and they are essentially wasting ours

Considering both the admins and the developers donate their own time for nothing so that you can play Everquest the way you want to, I would be rather hesistant to adopt this attitude ...

You are wasting their time because you couldn't remember a simple password, or keep an adequate record of it. Does that sound like a fair statement?

Akkadius 01-29-2018 02:13 AM

I don't have any control over the SMS recovery mechanisms, Rogean is the only one who has access to do anything regarding it.

If I had access I would to things I could help some people who run into issues

Oppressive 02-04-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkscis (Post 257283)
Considering both the admins and the developers donate their own time for nothing so that you can play Everquest the way you want to, I would be rather hesistant to adopt this attitude ...

You are wasting their time because you couldn't remember a simple password, or keep an adequate record of it. Does that sound like a fair statement?

Absolutely not, considering the problem isn't with the password, it's with the broken SMS system. I wouldn't be so quick to judge others, either. I have personally donated money to this project as well, and spent well over 5 years playing it.

Oppressive 02-05-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akkadius (Post 257284)
I don't have any control over the SMS recovery mechanisms, Rogean is the only one who has access to do anything regarding it.

If I had access I would to things I could help some people who run into issues

Bleh...GMs and Guides have told me several times that Rogean doesnt have access to that stuff and EQEmu admins are the only one who can change loginserver related account information.

They send me here, yall send me back, then back and back and forth and back.

Sick of dancing =(

ChaosSlayerZ 02-06-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppressive (Post 257389)
Bleh...GMs and Guides have told me several times that Rogean doesnt have access to that stuff and EQEmu admins are the only one who can change loginserver related account information.

They send me here, yall send me back, then back and back and forth and back.

Sick of dancing =(

Rogean IS the head Admin of ENTIRE Emu - he is the boss in charge and lord in command.

Oppressive 02-06-2018 10:33 PM

just sucks man...this sucks bad

been trying to get this account back for almost 2 years now